Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year has arrived

Mr H celebrated the end of the year quietly with a nice home cooked meal and watching Poirot. The weather remained rainy all day and quite nippy for us.
My list for the New Year is made but how closely I follow it will be seen as each day passes. I am not sure why I really make these lists every time. Maybe so I think I am as organized as I want to be. The basket is full of projects, supplies are gathered for most and when I go to work today I will again need to buy some floss! I really think the Thread Faeries have a stash from my stash! I emailed Isabelle at The Primitive Hare to select my patterns...
and here they are! One of them will be my first start of the year....can you guess which it will be? I did not plan to add anymore to the basket, but I can not help myself! I already have a private Christmas Ornament exchange set up! I am hoping for a few more....I really liked the Christmas card exchange so I thought, let's continue through the year. The next exchange is starting so if you are interested in joining, please email me your mailing info by January 10th so I can add you to the list. Just a card  with a note for friendship...... our friendships are so important and  a note of friendship is a great way to begin a new year.
My wish for you and this new year  is that you have health, find happiness in the simple things, enjoy the company of loved ones and friends near and far. I am so lucky to have you all in my life.
“Just thinking about a friend makes you want to do a happy dance, because a friend is someone who loves you in spite of your faults.” (Charles M Schultz)

11 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Gracie, Happy New year. So excited for what the year will bring. Add me to the list of card exchange. May you and your family be blessed and may this be the best year every.

butterfly said...

Looking forward to seeing what you are going to be stitching in the New Year , Hugs .

Vickie said...

I love that quote. He was a brilliant man. Happy New Year to you two!

Julie said...

Wishing you a very Happy new year. X

shirley flavell said...

Love the designs you have chosen from PH, they will be a lot of enjoyment to stitch.That quote is great, so true. Best wishes Gracie Hugs Shirley

Cardygirl said...

Happy New Year! May it bring the perfect amount of stitching time!

Kaisievic said...

Happy New Year, Gracie. I will give the card exchange a miss this month as I am a tad busy with the wedding! I am still finding some time to stitch, though. So, I am working on A primitive hare design yesterday and today as part of my DUCJC2015 - the same design twice for an exchange.

Kaisievic said...

Sorry, pressed send too early - I love her Isabelle's designs - you just cannot go wrong with them, love your choices - especially Red Riding Hood as I have that one, too. hugs, Kaye

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I love a lot of the Primitive Hare patterns, you chose lovely ones! Happy New Year Gracie :) May it be filled with health, happiness and all the good things life can bring!

Brigitte said...

I also love to make these lists at the beginning of the year. But they always have to undergo a lot of changes throughout the year. But I don't care as long as its fun, lol.
Nice new stash.

thegreytail said...

the constant need for threads surprises me every time, I know I should be used to it by now, but I just can't!I look forward to seeing your new starts, as for the lists - I love making them as much as I like messing with them, I'm afraid. ;)