Wednesday, December 10, 2014

an oldie

Sometimes I amaze myself. I find things I have forgotten. Another forgotten project---- this time an ornament kit I have had for 18years...yes, 18 years! The year on it is 1996. It is a Mill Hill (I do love Mill Hill Kits) that I paid $5.00 for....can you believe it? Of course you can.
It is called Tiny Treasured Diamonds. I love the crystal snowflake in the center. I made it this morning. Really only took a couple of hours to stitch and then complete. Why did I wait so long to make this pretty thing? Speaking of pretty things......

look at these lovely Angel Wings..... I love Angels and have many around the house. Just had to have these. Once they are off the tree, they will hang someplace where I can see them often. They are peaceful, angels are. I must share yesterday with you. First I have a new brace to wear on my left knee. By the end of my work day yesterday, I felt like my leg weighed a ton! Oh and I sniped my hand on the edge of the palm below the left little finger. Sharp scissors... I was cutting a piece of trim for a customer. Now, it is not a deep or big cut, but it bleed like crazy and it is just so sore today. I am a walking limping injury!
And before I forget, I do not know what is going on with Blogger....I do not like word verification and have it turned off, but it seems to be on! Nothing I have tried has worked to disable it. I did send a complaint to them.... like they are going to respond. So bear with me for now...please do continue to leave me your kind words because they do make my day! Hope you have a wonderful day....

13 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Oooh Gracie, your Mill Hill ornament just look so dreamy!!! The sparkle on it!! Fabulous :) Your tree will look superb, congratulations on finishing this kit :)

Caitlin D said...

Beautiful ornament! The angel wings are lovely, I totally understand displaying them all year round. :-)

Be careful with those scissors! Your hand is the worst place to cut. Feels like it takes ages to heal.

cucki said...

Aww so cute my dear x

Sally said...

Hello Gracie

I love your beautiful Mill Hill ornament. I have done a few of these myself.
Pretty angel wings.
Hope your finger is better soon x

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful and I am in good company if you have WIP's which are entering their teen years

KimM said...

What an absolutely stunning ornament. Well done!
xxx

Fiona said...

what a very pretty ornamanet... Its funny how we often leave things that don't need to much attentionfor such a long time... don't worry about the word verification... it's happening all over and hopefully will get fixed soon...
Hugz

Ninetta said...

It's a lovely ornament, it's as though you sent yourself a gift from the past! Lol! Hope your finger - and your knees - will be better soon. Hugs

Julie said...

Super forgotten little Mill Hill kit, what a treasure to find and stitch/make up.
Hope your finger is soon healed.

gracie said...

Never thought of that, yes it is a gift to me!

Ele said...

Oh, I stitched that one too. It's a lovely design 💜
Hope your finger is ok now

Annette-California said...

Love what Ninetta said - you gifted yourself from the past. It's a beautiful ornament. Ouch! Hope you heal soon! love Annette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful ornie. Isn't it amazing that we have these charts tucked away which take so long to be stitched?p
The solution to the verification is to embed your comment field within your post rather than have it as a pop up window. You can do this from the Dashboard.