Thursday, October 16, 2014

Wednesday Woe

I think today might be better than yesterday...
First while holding my early morning cup of coffee ( 3ish) I felt discomfort in my finger...so, in the dim light (little sewing room lamp) I looked and thought, Now how did I get my finger so dirty at this hour? Off to the bathroom for a wash and better light...well I do declare it is all black/blue/swollen and hurts!
Now as this happened from the time I went to bed and now, it is a mystery...I have no clue. Problem, is that I stitch two hands and am right handed.... so, there would be no stitching. Moving along.... my left knee has been swollen and really painful over the holiday weekend. Day off (Wednesday) and Pain doctor in, so I called when the office opened and by 1 PM I was there. His opinion which has always been correct, fluid in the knee and we could see it when he did the ultra sound..... so, 50 cc of fluid removed with Mr H  watching giving moral support. He did mention that football players get this and it is very painful to see them hurt on the field!  MRI scheduled for very likely a meniscus tear....At least I am even on the bruising; right middle finger and left other knee! I am hoping to be able to do some stitching Friday (day off). I will be at work today with some restrictions.... I think I will be sore tonight. Did I mention I am right handed and will be cutting fabric with said hand for 5 hours? That is my tale of Wednesday Woe.......thanks for listening and I do hope you have a good day!

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Oh dear!! That finger doesn't look good at all, make sure you get this sorted too.
Hope everything goes back to normal soon for you.

Vickie said...

Gracie, I have what appears to be the same odd thing happen to my middle finger once in a great while too. Suddenly a small vein/capillary seems to burst and cause huge swelling and blackness/purpleness. It goes away in a few days. I have had this happen for a few years now. Very infrequently.

jocondine said...

So sorry to read you've got troubles with your fingers. Hope you'll be fine very soon with your fairy hands back. Amitiés. xxx

Anthea said...

Oh no! Gracie I hope the swelling & bruising settles really soon, so you can get back to stitching!

Sally said...

Ouch that looks nasty. Hope it goes down soon.

KimM said...

Oh, Gracie! I hope you mend soon!! Take care -
xxx

Christine said...

Ouch, that looks sore. Hope it gets better soon

cucki said...

Oh no dear
I hope it gets better soon
Big hugs x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I have the same thing with the same finger from time to time! The joint swells up and looks bruised although it doesn't hurt like a bruise.

I asked the pharmacy and they said "it's your age" LOL. It's always "your age" whether you are five or fifty!

Kennedy said...

I'm 17 and this happened to me today during practice. I still don't know what's happening!