Thursday, October 23, 2014

Time keeps on slipping....

into the future...that's how I am feeling this morning (thinking of Steve Miller's song). I think the older I get the easier it is to think I have loads of time to do or finish or to post. Mostly, to be honest, I am keeping busy. I stitch every day here and there and of course real life has me  also. Yesterday morning I went for the MRI on the knee...and the doctor called me a few hours later to say, yes there is a Meniscus tear and he was setting up an appointment with a surgeon. That being that.... it is a wait until I see the next doctor. As for the stitching....
This has been completed but I forgot to show it to you...key word...forgot. It is from The Primitive Hare...Autumn. It was a freebie. Mr H painted my door hanger the perfect shade of purple and I had the brass cluster of grapes in my trinket box. Linen from the linen box so I do not know what it is. I do try to use up the pieces I save and usually keep descriptions with them. Next is another stitched finish...

the wonderful Jack in the Hat by Threadwork Primitives designed by talented Nan Lewis. Not sure how I want to complete this one....
I stitched it on 32 ct Belfast Linen but do not have a name for the color. It is not the  Grey that Nan used. The pattern called for stitching with one over two but it did not show up as I liked so I did 2 over 2 and like the look. It is with the listed DMC thread colors. I am off to work today....only hope my knee holds out. It is always so nice to have you stop by for a visit...hope you have a wonderful day.

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Rats! I was really hoping you were going to avoid surgery.

Annette-California said...

Well at least you know whats wrong. Sorry you need surgery. Congrats on your pumpkin finish. Looks great. love Annette

Heather S said...

Wonderful work, it's just gorgeous. Hope the knee recovers soon.

Julie said...

The door hanger finish is so pretty and the pumpkin adorable.

Hope your appointment comes quickly for the surgeon.

Mii Stitch said...

Ok surgery will be needed but after that you will be fine!
Love the cute little pumpkin finish!!

Il gufetto e il gelsomino said...

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm italian blogger. I like your blog and your works!! I'm a new follower of your blog! I'm waiting for you in my blog!

butterfly said...

Sorry it came to surgery, but you will feel better after.
Love your stitching .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry you will need surgery, hopefully it will come with some nice R&R afterwards where you can sit and stitch.

Love the Prim Hare freebie. This series has really grown on me and I think I may stitch them all next year.

cucki said...

My dear so sorry surgery will be needed but after that you will be fine..you are in my prayers..
Love the cute little pumpkin
Big hugs xx

cucki said...

And the door hanger is so cute too x

Anne said...

When I read your title, I had that song in my head...lol. Great little finishes Gracie!! Love the Mabon freebie as a door hanger. Perfect! The Jack in the Hat is great too...love Nan's designs!

Il gufetto e il gelsomino said...

All beautiful!!! Bye bye!

prettylittlethingsinabox said...

Love the cute pumpkin.. ;)
i hope you are healthy and well.. big hugs from Singapore

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I hope all goes well at the doctor, on your next appointment.
Love the door hanger, the pumpkin looks so sweet.

Catrherine