Sunday, October 19, 2014

Cinderelly!

"First I"ll need a pumpkin", said the fairy godmother...

A wave of her wand and magically a coach appeared.



Mice! So once again the fairy godmother waved her wand and Gus and Jaq and 2 more friends turned into beautiful white horses.....then, Cinderella was transformed into a beautiful princess complete with glass slippers...

The tale of Cinderella...one of my favorites. When I visited Disney World years ago, I fell in love with the glass coach on display as you entered the Magical Kingdom. I told Mr H I wanted my own glass coach! This lovely glass coach and slipper were gifts to me from Mr H. They are from The Franklin Mint and I have had them since the 1980's. Such detail on the heel of the slipper and the lid of the coach lifts to reveal a frosted seat. The darling mice, Jaq and Gus  hang on my Christmas tree every year but stay with me all year in the sewing room. Everyday I enjoy my tea in my special mug...
somehow it tastes nicer!
When I saw the design from The Primitive Hare for Cinderella's coach, I knew I had to stitch it. Isabella captured it so perfectly for me.....
I stitched it on 28 ct Cashel linen; Toasted Almond and the listed DMC threads. I made a change and do hope Isabella does not mind, but I left off the words Cinderella along the bottom and added a piece of cotton lace that was in my lace box. I found the frame at Jo Ann's and it can be table top or hung. For now, I will put it on my bureau along with my coach and slipper.....
Hope you have not been too bored by my playful post today....I am glad you stopped by to read it. Little things that make me happy truly make life easier ....
Have a wonderful day...I am planning on stitching Jack in the Hat today outside on the lanai...beautiful day here in The Valley of the Sun...Arizona!

14 comments:

diamondc said...

Gracie: Love the frame, the finishing is beautiful, what an adorable pattern.

Catherine

Ele said...

love your Cinderella! I have always adored the Disney movie version of the tale, so sweet!
Have a great sunday

butterfly said...


I love Cinderella and a lovely frame.
Enjoy your week.

cucki said...

my dear its so beautiful..
and i love it so much..
big hugs xxx

Shelly said...

How pretty. The frame is perfect for the design. Nice presentation with all of it together!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your pumpkin coach is beautiful and I love the accompanying photos too.

The older Disney films still have greater appeal than many of their modern ones!

Vickie said...

I agree with Jo completely. =)
What a great addition to your Cinderella collection.

Angela P said...

I love your Cinderella finish :) I feel the same way about Snow White, Alice in Wonderland and Sleeping Beauty.

Kaisievic said...

Your pumpkin coach is so lovely, the laces sets it off perfectly.

shirley flavell said...

Love it Gracie the frame and stitchery is beautiful Hugs Shirley N.Z

Annette-California said...

What a perfect addition for your Cinderella collection. The frame is perfect for your Cinderella coatch sampler. I love it and the beautiful crystal slipper and coach. love Annette

Julie said...

Such a lovely post, I've loved seeing your Cinderella collection.

If only a magic wand could be waved and all the housework done so I could stitch an hour or two extra a day..... well a girl can dream!

Have a lovely day Gracie. x

Anthea said...

Beautifully stitched piece there Gracie... and I love the story to go with it too...

rosey175 said...

Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly! Make the fire, fix a breakfast, wash the dishes, do the mopping..."

Cinderella has always been so charming. If only I could lose a shoe and have my housework Godmother'd away!! :) That frame is perfect for the coach and I love the bit of lace you added on the bottom.