Monday, October 20, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

A few weeks ago, June invited me to join in on this blog hop...of course I said yes.... another way to share my love and find new friends as well as learn a little more about those I already think I know. We have questions to answer so....

#1 What am I working on
This is a hard one. I always have at least 3 things I am working on and then there is the planning basket with what I want to do. For now,
this is Jack in the Hat from Threadwork Primitives designer is Nan Lewis. Truth be told I am also trying to finish a tatted ornament for my tree and I must get to work on a few Christmas gifts. I try to keep busy and usually succeed.

#2 How does my work differ from others of its genre
I do not think I differ much. Well, maybe I am more apt to make some changes to the design. Not that I do not like what the designer has done, but I make it a little more of me. Some choose to only do one craft, I am ready to do it all...tatting, quilting, sewing, embroidery; you get the idea. I want to do it all!

#3Why do I write/create what I do
I have been blogging since September 2010.... never in my thoughts did I think I would have a blog. I really enjoyed visiting others and realized what a wonderful world the blog-land is. Friendships around the USA as well as the entire world. Like many, it my journal of my thoughts and work as well as a place to share and learn. Bloggers are a special community of caring people.


#4 How does my writing/creating process work
I sit at the computer and think of you as sitting right here with me....and I talk to you. I am hungry to do and learn all the time. When I find a project to do, I enjoy the fabric selection, the thread gathering and then the actual stitching. I have very little plans for it until it is finished then more fun to figure it all out. I keep a basket with this and that to do. I do not fool myself for one minute thinking I will ever get all that I want done, but isn't that part of the enjoyment, thinking I can?
I have a few ornaments ready to be finished.... but still thinking on them...
I need to find just the right fabric for backing and decide how to finish them. What I do is always get the hanger to put with them. My work table is always at the ready.
Hope you learned a little more about me and hope you will visit June . We were asked to invite others, I did, but many were already committed to posting but Lelia whose blog is an inspiration to me . She is a tatter and her work is wonderful. Yes, not everyone is a cross stitcher! Her post will be on October 27th so be sure to visit with her now and of course then.
Have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

I enjoyed your post today Gracie. I always enjoy learning more about my friends. :)

butterfly said...

Lovely post gracie so lovely to learn all about you , it's funny we live miles apart but I feel I know you so well.

Julie said...

Lovely to read a little more about you Gracie.

cucki said...

It's lovely to read about you xx

Brigitte said...

Since yesterday I have been reading the new blog hop posts and it's so interesting to read all the answers to the questions and hoe the different bloggers interpret them. So nice to read about you.

Parsley (Deena) said...

I finished Jack in the Hat and it was just a fun stitch.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great post. I quite agree, I do feel I am talking to my friends when I blog even though I may never meet you all. This year for my birthday I received so many presets and cards from people I have never met! More than from real life friends LOL.

Lelia said...

a wonderful post.

Sally said...

Lovely to read your blog hop Gracie and learn more about you.