Monday, October 27, 2014

Jack in the Hat

Mr H and I had a nice relaxing Sunday...football and the NE Patriots won, the PBR and more football,  and stitching. What more can a girl ask for. Today is our monthly stitch group meeting so not much stitching gets done there. Today the gals will sign up or the Christmas ornament exchange which will be at our November meeting. Tomorrow will be my visit with the surgeon and I will find out what we will be doing. I am so glad I decided to  send for this next design....
Jack in the Hat is finished. Design by Nan Lewis from Threadwork Primitives. I stitched on 32 ct linen from my linen box...love the color. I used the listed DMC threads but stitched with 2 over 2 instead of 1 over 2. I wanted heavier coverage and the colors deeper.
stitched him into a bag and stuffed and weighted him then attached his bright ribbon...he looks nice with Betty The Witch on the mantel. I am almost finished with another pumpkin....Pumpkin Head, and I have gathered all the stuff for my next RR partner project. As much as I have enjoyed the RR I don't know if I will participate again. I don't mean to sound petty, but I do believe in sending a thank you to the person who took time to select and stitch a special design for you. As soon as I open any package that I receive, I sit right down and send off an email. I appreciate the talents of my fellow stitchers. If nothing else it also lets the person know that it arrived. We all know how the mail can be. Anyway, most of my partners have acknowledged the pieces sent. Our wonderful Arizona weather is finally cooling; we have been in the high 80's and low 90's. Soon, soon I will be outdoors stitching comfortably. Oh my, I am just noticing the time! I must have a bite to eat before leaving for the meet-up. Glad you stopped by and thank you all for the kind words which always mean so much. Have a great day.

10 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a clever way to finish Jack in the Hat - it's a neat design. I hope all goes well with your visit to the surgeon. My sister had knee surgery last year and hasn't looked back - she's playing tennis and walking regularly (she's 64).

valerie said...

Great finish Gracie! I am really loving this design! Good luck with the doctor's visit tomorrow.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching , love Jack in the hat a great finish.

Sorry not every one is sending you a thank you email from the R/R group .
I really don't know why not it is the first thing I do.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

cucki said...

wow very pretty finish..i love it so much..
sending you big hugs for doctor visit..
love you x

shirley flavell said...

Love your stitchery and the finish, it is really lovely.Hope all will be well with seeing the surgeon. Hugs Shirley

Bella said...

Hello

I found your blog through I Love To Stitch.
I love your finish, it's just great!
I agree it is only manners to thank your partner.
I hope you have some cool stitchy weather soon x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love your bag, that bright ribbon is the perfect finishing touch.

I do all my RRs through the Yuku Board so we have to check in once we have received the next piece in the round. Besides we all want to show the beautiful stitching! I cannot imagine why you would join a RR if you didn't want to have contact with the other contributors?

jocondine said...

Pretty bag, I love the perfect shape for the spider and how the pumpkin has a bad boy look. Best wishes. xxx

Julie said...

Jack is adorable and such a fun finish idea too.
Hope all went well at the surgeons appt.
xxx

diamondc said...

Gracie: What a great finish, Good luck at the doctor tomorrow.
Catherine