Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Meet.....Betty

You would think that I worked 40 hours a week..... I do enjoy the unexpected call giving me a day off, like today. Well, with the day off, I get to stitch and later go with Mr H to a doctor appointment. Yesterday it was to the lawyer to write wills. I really just want to sit and stitch. Making good progress on Cinderella and did start a Christmas ornament. I really must get a move on with ornaments. We have a new house member...
Betty...... I said to Mr H, what shall we name her. I began to rattle off names and he said Betty! So she is Betty. I usually bring out my Autumn decorations the first of October, but she is presently sitting in the living on the mantle. Although we officially start Autumn, here in Arizona we are still in the triple digit temps. Today might be 103... and I have no falling leaves. I do miss the trees changing color and leaves to collect, but only sometimes. I probable should have sis Lynowl send me some New England acorns. Welcome to new friends who have joined me here. I wish everyone left a way to be contacted so I could say it personally... and as always, thank you my friends for stopping by and sharing your time with me. Tomorrow I will show you progress on Cinderella and what I sewed for my chair..... until then, have a wonderful day.
PS/ I did not make Betty, she is a purchased doll. I can not take credit for her beauty!

5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Well, hello Betty, you gorgeous thing you.

shez said...

Hello Grace wow love Betty my mum loves these dolls i must show her this pic,what a lovely finish for you.xx

cucki said...

Hello Betty..she is lovely xx

Annette-California said...

I thought we were hot here. Nope you have us beat by the higher temperature. Hello Betty! love Annette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love Betty! I would love to have her sitting besides my Hallowe'en tree. She is a little bit too big to become a Travelling Witch though.