Friday, September 19, 2014

Where have the days gone...

This week seems to be a blur. A week almost past and I guess I was busy. Oh I did work on Elizabeth one day. I must say I am overwhelmed with your kind words for her. Thank you so much. She is still sitting in the living room. I guess I should remind you of the pattern and supplies:
 Design by Giulia Manfredini in Sampler Antique Needlework Summer 2014
23-count Belfast Linen from Lakeside
Gloriana Threads Florimell silk floss in the listed colors, 8 of them
Ecru silk dupioni and olive green silk dupioni fabric
Renoir porcelain half doll from Brier Rose imported from Italy
Silver-plated Elizabeth Chatelaine&mm silk ribbon from Gloriana Threads
Some of you have wondered about our weather... first I am not in a flood area thank goodness, but yes, the rains have caused serious problems for areas South and East of us and North too. This Monsoon season has developed into annoying weather. The humidity is getting to my asthma. I am still working on Cinderella.... hope to finish this weekend. I did pick up a white frame for it on sale at Jo Ann's that I think will work nicely. The beginning of the month Vickie offered a Bent Creek design, Dinner's Ready and I was lucky enough to receive it....
I love how she finished hers and may have to do one like it. Vickie included beautiful counting pins which I love; look how delicate they are.....and seeds for Shirley Poppies for Mr H to plant in our garden. How sweet is that?! Since I pick this out of the mailbox on my way to work and did not open it until I remembered it was in my bag this morning, he will be surprised.This weather has played havoc on his garden. Besides stitching on Cinderella (yet to start Christmas stitching!) I bought some beads to make a few Spiders... some Christmas others for Halloween. It is always my pleasure to make them for friends. I think it is time for me to get back to my coffee....so glad you stopped by today. Hope you have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely gift from vickie always love her pins.
I agree where has the week gone.

cucki said...

Lovely gifts my dear..
Oo time is just flying..
Hugs x

Vickie said...

=) So glad you are pleased with the gifts. Have a relaxing weekend!

Annette-California said...

Congrats on your winning! Lovely and thoughtful gifts from Vickie!
She makes the most beautiful pins:)
love Annette

shirley flavell said...

Lovely gift, the pins are beautiful.From your other comments I'm guessing they are made by Vicki.Blustery Spring here and polling day for us here in N.Z.today. Hve a lovely weekend Gracie. Hugs Shirley N.Z.

Mouse said...

bahhh humbug to the weather and it playing havoc with your asthma .... lovely wee gift from Vicki and oooooo your spiders are lovely and perfect for the halloween season :)
Mr H will love those poppies :) love mouse xxxxx

KimM said...

How sweet! The pins are so pretty. Hope you're feeling better soon.
xxx

Ele said...

Lovely gifts! Hope the weather improves for you.

Angela P said...

Lovely gift from Vickie :) I loved your Elizabeth finish from the post before and I look foward to seeing your progress on Cinderella!

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

"Needles Pins and Dragonflies" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-sunday-drive_21.html

Kaisievic said...

Great gift from Vickie and you will both enjoy the poppies when they bloom.