Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A stitching companion

My goodness......it is Wednesday already. I know I am accomplishing things, but somehow I feel like I should have more done. Relax and just do what you can is what I find myself telling me myself and I. If I would only listen! Yesterday was an unexpected day off so let's see, what did I do. Well, I was able to go with Mr H to the doctor for a test....good results. Then a quick stop for floss...yes I needed 4 DMC colors...and I went to *quiet now and don't tell* Hobby Lobby...well, it was in the vicinity of the doctor's office.  The floss is for the 2 Christmas ornaments that I have gotten ready. While at the appointment I sitched on a third one, and no, I can not show it.What I can show you is.....
This is the comfy chair I sit to stitch when in the living room. Mr H just stained the low foot stool for me...nice job. That is a new end table for me.... glass top and magazine holder at the base. This is a recliner. It has wonderful soft armrests...not good for holding my pattern steady though. So, I made a firm stitching companion. I covered a board just wide and long enough to hold the magnetic board/easel with the pattern and I added side weights to keep it balanced. See the little appliqued flower? It has a magnet so my needles and pins don't get lost. The bow, just a bit of decoration. Now my pattern sits steady and I have not lost a needle. The footstool is a good height so my legs don't ache from having no resting place. When I am not stitching, it all  packs onto the tray and I can put the chair back and recline....but, that hardly happens as it seems that I am always stitching. Speaking of that, I think it is time to work on Cinderella or perhaps one of the ornaments..... thank you for visiting with me....and for the kind words. Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

Angela CG said...

I just love your stitching companion. Such a great idea!!

cucki said...

Aww I love your stitchy friend too :)
Sweet hugs x

Vickie said...

The firm stitching companion is so clever Gracie. Good job! I loved seeing a bit more of your space.

butterfly said...


Very clever idea gracie love it.

Mouse said...

lovely idea ... and so nice to see where you create your lovely goodies :) love mouse xxxxxx

Annette-California said...

It was so nice to see where you create and stitch. Lovely idea. Have a good day. love Annette