Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall may not be here yet, but a RR exchange arrived

There is a nip in the morning air...it is 76 and comfy. Temps today should rise to 103 but right now it is a bit cool. I don't really think we will be out of triple digit temps yet. Mr H bought a new DVD player yesterday and whoever at Sony noted that it was an easy hookup was nuts. It took over an hour to get it all ready and able to receive Netflix. While I am at work  (short shift today) Mr H can play around with it to be sure we got it right.  Electronics, love hate relationships. Anyway, before running out for errands yesterday the mail arrived...for me....
my Round Robin exchange from June:http://butterfly-butterflywings.blogspot.com/. She included lovely Vanilla sachet and thread and trinkets and pretty fabric....
and the stitched piece is so pretty. Of course, mail from the UK arrives fairly quickly but going from the USA to the UK or anywhere else seems very slow---- she has not received mine yet and we mailed them just about the same day. I am enjoying the RR exchange, it is the first I have joined. So far it has been nice. Still waiting to hear from one that I sent off to, but so it is. June is the organizer of this group and she has done a wonderful job of getting it together. It is a task to be sure. I have my next partners name so I will be thinking of what to stitch for her. She does not seem to have a blog so I can not see what she is like or likes. Definitely will be keeping my fingers crossed that I get it right. Thank you for the nice compliment on my stitching board. It is working out wonderfully. Now my pattern is not wobbling around on the armrest. When I stitch in my sewing room, I have my work table so it is not a problem. Soon I will be able to sit outside on the lanai to stitch with the sweet hummingbirds to keep me company. Guess that is about it for today....time for my breakfast. I go to work for 10:30 today but will be home with the afternoon for stitching. Your visits make my day.....hope you have a good day.

10 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your exchange from June is very pretty. I know what you mean about new electronic equipment - it has me at a loss sometimes. My son wants to buy a new television and even that isn't straightforward anymore.

Shelly said...

Aren't the lower temps so nice?! Plan on doing some Netflix bingeing? Haha. I do that on the weekends! Such pretty items you received in your RR exchange. I sent off a package to Finland so I'll know first hand how our postal service performs! Have a nice evening.

cucki said...

Your exchange from June is very pretty. i love them so much..
happy weekend my dear..
sweet big hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful parcel from June, a lovely RR

Sally said...

What a lovely parcel from June. She is such a sweetheart.

butterfly said...

So happy you like your R/R and the added bits .
Have a good day hugs.

rosey175 said...

76... nip in the air...! I know it is a dry heat but I would wilt something silly. :)

Your RR is wonderful and I bet everything smells so yummy from the vanilla.

I seem to have the opposite problem with the post; stuff I send to the UK arrives quickly but stuff coming to me takes forever! Maybe it gets stuck in a time paradox.

diamondc said...

Gracie: Wonderful package from june, I love this Round Robin, it is so much fun.
I will be starting your piece tomorrow after church.
Love the purple flower June did it is lovely.

Hugs

Catherine

Angela P said...

The exchange RR is lovely :)

KimM said...

The exchange RR is so pretty - I love participating in the RR. Such lovely stitching and such nice ladies.
xxx