Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Staying cool---indoors

I have started several tasks this morning but have only completed a few... the laundry is in the dryer, umbrellas opened medical forms filled out. Getting easily distracted today. Oh, I was stitching for a while on Hummingbird Garden. All those scattered stitches along the boom part are a pain but they are looking good. Our garden did not have much of a problem other than that broken pot. Not sure what the name of this one is....
but I love the "blooms" it has. Delicate tiny petals that turn this sweet shade of pink. Then I found this rose had bloomed this morning
They are small but so lovely. It is called Iceburg Rose.... a small bush that keeps producing a few at a time.
 I finished stitching My Needle is Sharp from Notforgotten Farm. I must have a dozen wooden boxes in my collection but not one that will fit this. I know, it is originally finished as a pin pillow, but I wanted a box top. I love sewing boxes and do use them as I work on projects. I am all set to go to the Post Office tomorrow to mail out my RR #3. Wonder who I will partner with next? The weather forecast is for more Monsoon wind and rain.  With this weather we do get some humidity which we do not normally have. You know the saying--"but it is dry heat". Our skylight was fixed yesterday just in time if it does rain. The rain we do need but the wind and dust storms I can do without. We have a cardiologist appointment for Mr H on Friday...got us right in. So easy now with filling out all the forms on line and automatically having the medical chart ready for the visit. I hate sitting in an office filling out the paperwork. Even this post seems scattered! Guess that is about it ...working today. So nice to have you visit with me...and thank you for the kind words  and friendship. Enjoy your day. 

6 comments:

Annette-California said...

Pretty pink blooms and lovely rose.
It's was humid yesterday due to the cloud cover and today sunny.
Have a good day. love Annette

Julie said...

Your iceberg rose looks super, I have one too. Each time I see a bloom I'll think of you now.
Xxx

KimM said...

What a beautiful rose! Take care -

xxx

cucki said...

Sweet pink bloom and lovely rose :)
It's so cold here and it's -4 here..brrr
Big hugs x

Josie said...

Some days thoughts just seem to get scattered.... they do around here anyway. Monsoon rain doesn't sound good. Over here we don't get dry heat... we don't get humidity.. we just get rain! Lots and lots of rain....;o) Hope Mr.H's visit to the cardiologist goes well. Take care.....

Brigitte said...

Although it's summer over here, too, we have the heating on and it has been raining for days. Good for the garden. And I love the cooler temperatures.
All the best to your husband for thsi doctor's appointment next Friday.