Thursday, July 10, 2014

B & B hip

I am filing yesterday morning away under, "not a good beginning day". Just like many of you, I have a routine, well of sorts. I told you I go out and open the plant umbrellas, check the hummer food and water plants if the temps are already hot. I also move the leaf blower on the lanai if it is not put back  in the corner spot. It was warm and cloudy so I did not do the umbrellas or watering. I did take care of the hummer feeders and then I saw that the leaf blower was not where it should I like it to be. So, I bent down to pick it up and lost my balance... don't ask me how, I just did. Down I went . On my left side.... hard. The lanai is cement. I was laying in front of the slider to our bedroom. It is 7:30. I twisted myself around and banged on the glass door, then again and again. Finally Mr H woke and opened the verticals and called out. " what are you doing?" I thought it was obvious that I was not just spread out relaxing! He came to help me to the chair and I tried to explain that I lost my balance and all he could say was, you should not be out here touching things and barefoot. Well, nothing is broken but I have a B & B hip---black and blue, both knees scraped and my left arm sore. That's my story.
I managed to sit and stitch yesterday....
The Hummingbird Garden has a full feeder and more of the lower flower bed planted. I also started a Christmas ornament for Natalia. I plan to make one each year as long as I am able and date them for her. I also finished completely My Needle is Sharp....
from Notforgotten Farm. I stitched in the listed DMC floss on 32 count Belfast Lt Mocha. I put in a gold plated needle and gently fringed the edges. I really enjoyed stitching this.
I was cutting up onions and thought, I bet these skins would make a great dye. I grabbed 3 pieces of fabric....
and voila! the #1 piece I also painted with a tea bag drawn across it, #2 was left in the bath about 3 minutes and #4 was just dipped in and out. The 2 pieces of Ric rack are piece I keep dipping into what ever I have at the moment. I love playing with my food! I think today I may boil some carrots.....
I must tell you about Tuesday at work. A gal was walking by and told me she reads my blog. She knew I worked at Jo Ann's because I wrote about that so she came to find me. She does not have one of her own, but enjoys following what others are doing. We chatted for a few minutes and I do hope she looks me up again when she is in Jo Ann's and continues to read my blog. Who knows, we may even meet to stitch together one day. A small world. Okay, I think it is time for an ice pack on my hip and a cup of tea. Glad you stopped in today. I will be continuing my Arizona Bound tale soon. Hope your day is great.

16 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

You must be more careful, lucky you did not brake any bones. love your stitching. big hugs lynda ruth

Simple Pleasure said...

Gracie
Thank goodness your fall wasn't worse...hoping you mend quickly.
I enjoy dyeing with onion skins...a LARGE quantity of skins and a LONG soak yielded me a delightful "orange" for autumn stitching.
Enjoy some quality stitching time.
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Cindy's Stitching said...

Gracie, sorry you got hurt. What you're husband said made me laugh. Ahhhh men. Beautiful stitching done.

Annette-California said...

Ouch! Hope you heal soon! Lovely finish & like your tray. Beautiful stitching. Love Annette

cucki said...

oh no my dear....i hope you feel better soon..
me thinking of you so much here and sending you big hugs..my whole family is saying hi to you too :)
kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cucki said...

sweet stitching my dear...so sweetttttttttt xx

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie! I am sorry you are hurting. I am in pain today too. The pits! Take care my friend.

Heather S said...

Got to love your hubbys comment. Hope you are on the mend after your fall. Love the dyeing exercise. I once picked up these beautiful deep purple berries and dyed some fabric but I couldn't get it to stay, it just kept washing clear. Bet if you got it on a white shirt it would stay!

KimM said...

I'm so glad nothing is broken!! Take care of yourself - love your stitching progress. I' have never tried to dye fabric, I admire your spirit of adventure ;)
xxx

geeky Heather said...

So sorry to hear about your unplanned "trip"! I'm happy it's only a bruise. Hope you feel better soon!

Julie said...

Oh no ...poor you... I hope you are soon feeling much better, although I vet you will be worse before then, as usual with a fall as the bruise comes out.
A beautiful box with your lovely stitching assembled in it.
How lovely someone came to look you up...I hope you can meet and stitch together one day that would be lovely.

Minnie said...

I'm so glad you didn't break anything, please be careful and I know about things not being put back where they came from. I love you fancy dyed fabric.

Brigitte said...

So sorry to read abot your fall, Gracie. BUt fortunately you didn't break anything, that would have been even worse. So take it easy and rest and stitch - that will help the healing process :)
I love your hand-dyed pieces. Have to try it myself.

butterfly said...

Poor gracie, I know it can happen in a moment , I have fell a few times in the garden , and the silly thing is I get tearful if I do.
I hope you are now feeling better and no bones broken.
Love all your stitching .
Wishing you a happy weekend .

Anne said...

Oh my dear Gracie. I hope you are okay and your B&B hip is getting better. Take care of yourself! Lovely stitching and your tray is just so perfect! Hugs!

Anne said...

Oh my dear Gracie. I hope you are okay and your B&B hip is getting better. Take care of yourself! Lovely stitching and your tray is just so perfect! Hugs!