Monday, May 12, 2014

Sneek peek and the arbor

What a beautiful morning...cool breeze.... but, the weekend is going to be hot...maybe 105 or so. Everything in the garden looks great including the arbor Mr H bought one month ago....
Amazing how fast the Snail Vine is growing. It actually grows a few  inches a day! Yesterday I found a strand entangled in the Hibiscus bush. It took some doing but I redirected it to the arbor. Mr H hoped it would cover the arbor and by the looks of just one month, it most likely will do so. Yesterday was spent just relaxing and stitching. I finished the quilt....

 sorry for it being sideways...but I do not know how to turn it here on the blog. It is in the correct position in my pictures file...anyway, you can see a little of it.... I love the border print.... I will tell you that the quilt is not perfect, but for one that is my first after 20 or so years, I am pleased. It just needs the label on the back and voila, complete. I can not wait to start another.  I also have been  stitching on my RR piece and must say that I really like the design. My partner and I have emailed a few times... nice to get to know one anther a little. The Doll is also almost complete. I need to get out the fiberfill and find just the right trim for the edge. I just may get to it today. I also am getting a RAK ready.... they are fun to send and of course to receive. That is about it for today. So glad you found some time to visit.... have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

KimM said...

Lovely garden!

Shelly said...

Oh I'm not quite ready for the hot! I love the border fabric also. Love the green color of your quilt. Have a nice day!

Annette-California said...

Your garden is beautiful Gracie! Love the arbor:) love Annette

Jacquie Morris said...

Lovely garden.. love the arch way. And oooh love the colors in the sneak peek... wanting to see more!!
Smiles to you :)

shirley flavell said...

Hope we will see more of your quilt Gracie, the sneek peak is a teaser. Congrats on finishing it, so satisfying for you. The little snippet of your garden looks very nice. Does your vine have flowers with a strong sweet perfume and lavender/cream in colour?Shirley N.Z.

butterfly said...

Your garden looks wonderful .
Your quilt looks great.

cucki said...

Beautiful quilts and very pretty garden
Big hugs x

Julie said...

Your garden looks wonderful, well done Mr H on your hard work there.

The border for the quilt is very pretty, such a lovely gift.

Angela P said...

The quilt looks lovely :) Can't wait to see more of it!

Andrea said...

Your garden is beautiful and the quilt looks lovely.