Wednesday, May 7, 2014

She did it again!

You know that feeling you get sometimes.... stretched this way and that. Wanting to go left but end up in the middle? Tired but have the urge to do anyway... then you know how I feel today. We were comfortably busy at Jo Ann's yesterday but I left there feeling like I put in ten hours instead of 5. But I did leave with a smile... Esther, that's right, she did it again. On Sunday while I was in for the tatting group, she mentioned she found a book for me. I left without seeing her so I did not get the book. Yesterday, however, she held it aside for me....
it was a must have for me. Beads and embroidery... ah, she does know what I like. Having a 50% off coupon works too. I would have bought it anyway.... it really has nice designs and good illustrations. The temptation to try one is there, but alas, it will have to wait. I started my Round Robin piece. It took me a while to find a 4 inch design, but I did. Who knew? I think I shall now keep a folder of these as this project evolves during the next months. This designs uses beads, but I will eliminate them and floss instead.... sounds like a tooth commercial!
I have decided on the hand stitching for the quilt so that will be on the list of to do. I joined Jo's Summer Postcard Blog Hop.... always a fun experience and chance to meet new friends. In all the things Jo has to do, she still finds time to set up adventures for us. My adventures today... let's see, Mr H and I will be seeing his pain management doctor and discuss the findings from the 2 other doctors...     it is a nowhere street at this time. Then I have an HOA meeting tonight. In between these 2 events, I plan to put my feet up and stitch.... and flip through the new book, again. I did get an appointment for my hand, for June 11th... he is booked solid. My hand has been swollen this long, I can wait a little longer. Ice ice ice.... of course being my right hand it is never at rest. I had a customer's husband ask me if I had broken my hand yesterday... said it looked like it. Great, now medical help from a man who was amazed at all the fabric he saw! Well, with that my friends, I think I will sit, feet up, new book in hand...left hand and gently flip pages for awhile. Thank you for visiting today.... hope you have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

cucki said...

So beautiful xxx

Mii Stitch said...

What a great book from your friend! Enjoy :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like the look of that book, very appealing.

butterfly said...

Looks a great book gracie , take care with your hand hugs.

Heather S said...

That books looks great. Hope your hand is sorted out soon.

Julie said...

A lovely book the pictures on the front look beautiful of things that you might create and share.

Sally said...

That books looks lovely. Looking forward to seeing what you create from it.

Hope your hand gets sorted next month.

Emma said...

Hello!
The book looks lovely! I hope you enjoy creating from it.
Hope your hand improves soon.

KimM said...

Wow. The book looks so lovely. Hope your hand heals soon.
xxx

blue star stitcher said...

I love getting new crafting books. Even if I can't start the projects right away I can still enjoy the inspiration.