Thursday, May 15, 2014

A full moon, a hummingbird and a pink doll

Watching this magnificent yellow full moon rise was ..... well, it was hard to explain. But watch it Mr H and I did.  Once it appeared, it did not take very long for it to rise high above us. I never get tired of watching the night-time sky.... always wondering if someone is watching us too.
Yesterday was a go to market for food and stitch day. My Round Robin is almost complete and since my partner has said she will mail early, I probably will also. I hope she likes the design I chose for her and I do plan to stitch it for myself.  I also finished Pink Doll.....
now Lavender Doll has company on the shelf. Found just the right trim at Jo Ann's and I am really pleased with her beaded purse and hair flower. I just love the beads! I have everything ready for the Green Doll.... but I think I will wait on that. I have been practicing with the Big Foot Free Motion attachment... it will take some doing to get just the right stitches. Also bought a book, right, you are not surprised that I would find another book.... and I can not blame Esther for this one! on free motion quilting for beginners. Let's face it, I am just a push over for books.
Mr H and I did some yard work, well, to be honest I just stood around hoping he would not fall off the ladder. The Honeysuckle has gotten so tall he just had to trim it. I did put the cuttings in a pile...... I am not much on doing yard work. While we were out there, this fellow stopped by..
such a sweet young hummer. He almost crashed into the back of Mr H and then whizzed by my head causing me to flinch. It was a wonder he did not pull my hair! he was so close. Until an older hummer came by, he was content to sit just a foot or so away from us letting me take this picture.  They are the most adorable birds around. Their wings make a whizzing sound and they are so fast. Here one minute and then poof, they are off again. Did you now that they must eat every 15 minutes? This juvenile Anna's Hummingbird was a delight to spend time with. Speaking of time, I must say thank you for spending your time with me and for the kind words. I have not been very good about responding this past week, I do promise to be better. Right now my stomach is grumbling for breakfast and a cup of coffee.... I hope you have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

It is so rainy in this part of the world, that I had not seen that most marvelous moon! Thank you for sharing ;)
Your sweet dolly and her companion...lovely!

KimM said...

Beautiful doll - beautiful little teeny-tiny bird!!
xxx

cucki said...

Aww lovely doll and very sweet bird *•*
Hugs x

Vickie said...

Your dolls are fantastic! I just love spotting hummingbirds. I don't get to very often.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Nature is truly a gift Gracie, the moon and the hummingbird are both delightful. Your dolls look great together.

shirley flavell said...

I have never seen a Hummingbird, they look lovely.Love your dolls Shirley N.Z.

Heather S said...

Hubby and I were looking at the full moon last night....would have been nice to be looking at the same moon together, but I think our days and nights are opposite. Love the little bird and the doll is gorgeous.

Cardygirl said...

Lovely to hear about your day...I love the moon pic and that sweet hummingbird!

Silverlotus said...

The pink doll is just lovely. And how lucky to see a hummingbird. I love them, but we don't see them here.

Chookyblue...... said...

I love watching a big/full moon rise........always wonder who else is doing the same thing.........
the hummingbird if so cute.......

Ele said...

lovely doll and fantastic photos
enjoy your weekend

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your two dolls are beautiful, they look great together.