Saturday, May 3, 2014

Looks can be deceiving

Today may be the first day of triple digit weather here in the valley...forecast is for temperature of 100 by 4 PM. Guess this means we are officially on the way to summer.... just pass Spring.... or did it closely follow winter. Spent time yesterday finishing the embroidery part of the quilt and laid it out. So far I have changed the arrangement of the blocks 5 times. I think I have it now.... maybe another look....
Tomorrow is our Tatting Meet Up. I am looking forward to spending time with The Debra and maybe some new tatters. Four ladies have contacted me about meeting us at Jo Ann's. I have not been tatting as much due to the other projects. That is what happens when you do more many needlework projects. I bought my even-weave fabric to start my Round Robin.... hope I do not regret starting this adventure. The Doll is ready to have the backing stitched and then you can meet her. I think Monday will be a very busy day with the sewing machine!
How can such a pretty cactus flower live with such a devil of a plant? Yes, this is the mean cactus that bit my butt not too long ago. Now it is beginning to delight us with flowers. Every time I look at this plant I think how throwing a 2 inch or so piece on the ground grew so quickly.  The original plant is still in the pot and by comparison is so small and offers no blooms.

Another Sunflower opened in the garden and a few roses have appeared...they better do it now before the heat of the summer arrives. Mr H planted so many seeds and yet they only appear here and there and not all reach height and bloom. But when they do, the shine like a bright smile. Still, after 10 years of living here, I continue to enjoy having one flower or anther in bloom year round. Of always having bushes that are green in December.
It has been so nice to have you visit and chat.... have a great day my friends.

6 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet spring hugs xx

Heather S said...

Your bright yellow flowers make me smile also.

Jacquie Morris said...

Beautiful yellow happy flowers that of course make me smile :)

And WOW!! Hot!! :)
Have a lovely weekend :)

Annette-California said...

Well your having the heat now and we have cooled off. That bloom is amazing that it grew from a cutting. Lovely blooms. love Annette

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie - it's a very lovely bloom indeed - I love the contrast of ugly plant & pretty flower!
How wonderful to have a new family member, she sure looks cute in that pic... may she grow up surrounded by love.
Take Care, Anthea

Julie said...

BEautiful cactus flower.