Monday, April 28, 2014

All Is Well

A lovely relaxing day yesterday.... never left the house. Well, I did sweep the yard after a windy Saturday. We even had a bit of rain and the temps dropped but still it has been very nice. The Doll is now waiting for the final touches and of course I need to get to the bead store because what I thought would work is not.... no, it is not an excuse to buy more beads. I need Delicas not seed. Mr H has an appointment with the surgeon and we can swing by the bead shop after that. I will try very hard just to buy what I need... right. Speaking of finishing....
All Is Well is on the wall. I mounted it on a craft board painted a blue very similar to the kitchen walls.  I stitched on 28 count white using DMC 930 and a nice braided trim with a little sparkle to it. I am sure you know that this was a freebie offered by By The Bay Needleart.  It is from a hymn written from a story in the 1860s of the tragedy and the test of faith of Horatio Spafford. I Googled it and the story is one to read. The hymn is "It is Well" and it is sung in churches still today.   As I have said times before, I am not a religious person I felt this touch me. When you open a dictionary to search a word, there are always several meaning to apply. For me, the soul is my total self, a strong positive feeling.  At this time, All Is Well With My Soul.
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Thank you for sharing time with me dear friends.....have a good day.

8 comments:

KimM said...

What a lovely post and lovely stitching.

Patty C. said...

Beautiful :)

cucki said...

So sweet ..
Big hugs x

Vickie said...

As you know, I love this too! ;) Love the way yours looks too. Hope the Dr. visit for DH gives lots of answers.

Julie said...

A truly lovely finish.
Hope the dr was able to give Mr H some good news at his visit.

Silverlotus said...

Oh, that is so lovely! It looks perfect there.

I also hope all is well with Mr. H.

Marie Christine said...

Bonjour de France,
que ces tasses sont sublime ,j'adore
un blog super sympa!!!
Amicalement
MC

Sally Ann said...

Hello

A lovely post and perfect stitching.