Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Middle of the month...middle of the week

I love Wednesdays...  not sure why. It is my day off, it is the half way of the week, and today it means the month of April is half way over. I began to post yesterday, but then got sidetracked. I do not know how or what, but I never made it to the computer. Did you miss me? Are you wondering about my Arizona Bound story? Well, as for the story, shortly I will continue with the May part of it.
I have been so busy. All Is Well is almost stitched and I am planning my finish. Doll is coming along nicely and the Thistle tatting too.  I must say the quilt is looking pretty good. I am embroidering 5 squares on the white fabric. Totaling enjoying this project.
These petunias are a lovely surprise... Mr H did not plant them. They are appearing all over the backyard in the brick cracks. This is the first to bloom. What a treat. We are being careful not to step on them, hence the watering can is placed to protect it. The seed from former plants have spread here and there with the wind.Right now the yard is ablaze with color and the bees are happy and the hummingbird has his choice of nectar. Speaking of bees.... we found a fairly large bee nest in one of the shrubs just outside the courtyard on the sidewalk.  No spraying has worked. I called our Pest control company and they will be out today to deal with it. I hate to destroy nature's creatures, but this could be potentially dangerous. Just this morning on the local news they reported a young man was stung 35 times. Although the ones in our yard never bother us, these present a different situation and I am not taking chances as they 2 feet away from  the path where we walk. Well friends, time to get one laundry out of the dryer and the next one in. Of course I want to return to my stitching also. Thank you for chatting with me and I hope you have a great day.
Love is the flower you let grow.
John Lennon

5 comments:

Julie said...

Such a vibrant colour your unexpected little petunia is...very lovely.

Hope Mr Pest Control can solve your problem quickly and successfully.

cucki said...

so lovely..
oh dear i hope they pest control people can solve your problem soon..
big hugs x

Vickie said...

What a lovely surprise of petunias! We have wasp problems every summer. Brian sprays the nest with dish soap water with the hose. All gone. Every one of them!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely surprise plant!

Maybe Pest Control can just move the bees rather than killing them outright?

Jeanne said...

Much better to have flowers springing up than weeds! I will be watching your stumpwork progress..it's something I wish I had time to learn. Well that and goldwork, and tatting, and relearning how to crochet, etc. Someday when I retire maybe I'll have time for them all. Congrats on your work awards too, it is not always easy to find someone helpful at Joanns which I can attest to!!