Friday, April 25, 2014

A special Day

April 25, 1970
I knew this was a good thing to do. I knew I would be happy. I was calm and content as I dressed in my gown and readied myself for my big day. Dennis and I exchanged our vows on a Saturday morning and I felt my heart and soul fill with love.  We met and decided to married a week and a half after that! There were a few times in the past years when we comforted one another and times that we cried together and mostly times we hugged and laughed an gave our love to the other. have  There will be no special celebration today, just the two of us spending the day here or there but always together. Denny, as I refer to him, has been and will always be the most important person in my life. I have been so lucky to have spent these last 44 years with the man of my dreams... the person who is my everything. -------My Uncle Arthur was the photographer for our wedding. He took lots of pictures but this was his favorite.... he had been upstairs while my sis Linda helped

me get ready when. While waiting to leave for the church, I sat on my window seat in my bedroom and he snapped the above picture.
I do not often look through these old pictures but I did today and wanted to share these 2 in particular.  A sister helping a sister for a big day and a 23 year old waiting to become a bride.
I always tell Denny that his kisses are the best...with that I leave you with this cute card front
The inside reads;
I fell in love with you for lots of reasons----but your kisses really sealed the deal!
As always I am happy to share time with you my friends, I hope it was not too mushy a post for you, but today is a special day....

29 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary! You were a beautiful bride!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful post. Happy Anniversary to the both of you!

Justine said...

I love those pictures. ..you look as if you're dreaming of your future husband in the first one. You were a beautiful bride. Happy anniversary to you both xx

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.

Ele said...

What an emotional post! Happy anniversary to both of you, wishing you all the best
Love the photos, thank you for sharing

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

May you have another 44 years of happiiness together. hugs Lynda

Yes, I too loved the photo's.

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! What gorgeous photos and wonderful story. I can't believe you both decided to marry so soon after meeting but I guess if you know...you know. Congrats!

Silverlotus said...

Happy anniversary! You were an absolutely beautiful bride.

Kay said...

Beautiful. Congratulations. x

Vickie said...

My oh my! What a beautiful bride! Love, love your veil. Happy, Blessed Anniversary you two!

cucki said...

So beautiful
Congratulations x

Michele Hebson said...

Happy Anniversary Love. Such a wonderful memory. Thank you for bringing us along memory lane to relive it with you.

Annette-California said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!
Gracie you are a gorgeous bride:)
Hope you both have a lovely celebration. love Annette

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats......you were gorgeous.........stunning dress and veil..........

Jacquie Morris said...

Such lovely photo's..
Congratulations ..Happy Anniversary.. such a lovely post, Thank You
Smiles to you :) :)

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

A beautiful bride then and now! Happy Anniversary!

Mouse said...

Congratulations to you both ... wow your photos are gorgeous love the shot of you looking out the window and you haven't changed a bit :)
and love the card too :) love mouse xxxx

Cindy's Stitching said...

Happy Anniversary. What a nice story. How blessed you are. I like the pictures.

Barb said...

I love those old pictures!!! Just lovely!!! Very lucky indeed.
Barb :)

Blu said...

Happy anniversary! You were a gorgeous bride.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Aw! Happy Anniversary to you both, and may you have many more wonderful years together :) The little floral appliques and the lace on your wedding dress are so pretty, and your sister's hair is an architectural feat LOL! Hope you and Denny have a really lovely day, however you choose to spend it ;)

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

They are beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing them. Happy Anniversary.

Shirlee said...

Congratulations to you both : )

Simply Victoria said...

What a lovely post - not too mushy at all! Happy Anniversary!

Minnie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Loved you pictures.

jocondine said...

Such moving pictures !
Happy anniversary, congratulations for your "Noces de topaze" = topaz wedding (?)

Cardygirl said...

How lovely!

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary wishes to you both, such beautiful pictures, you were a very lovely bride.

Terri said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations!!!!!!