Monday, April 21, 2014

Busy on my day off

I started the day with laundry and cleaning the oven and stitching. Actually I did 2 laundries... don't get me wrong, they are small with just Mr H and myself. Then it was the oven, again, I should clarify that it is a self cleaning oven. You do not think that I scrub the oven...really! I enjoyed putting stitching in The Doll. She is coming along nicely. I also cut 5 tonal green squares for the quilt and pressed All is Well... trying to decide how to finish it...I though I had that figured out until now. The tomato plants have finally finished blooming so I began to tar them out. Thought I would give M H a help with that. One of them is has such a large root system that I need to dig it out. Generally I do not touch the garden, but he is having issues with his back so I wanted to help. Yesterday I made some really good salsa for my tortilla chips. Then this morning I had the salsa on my hash browns...yum. I hope everyone had a nice day yesterday. We just settled in for a quiet day and I did get some stitching done which is always a good thing. I think I am in need of iced water and stitching , so I wish you a wonderful day. Thank you for spending some of it with me.
I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

5 comments:

cucki said...

I also had a fun busy day but no stitching..
But definitely Tomm :)
Happy stitching x

KimM said...

I had a nice day, as well - even worked on a Christmas stocking for me new grand baby to arrive this fall!!

blue star stitcher said...

Your comment about laundry made me giggle, our family of five is lucky to keep it under 10 loads of laundry a week! Our tomato plants are still going strong, but I know once the heat hits they'll start to wilt. I think they are my favorite plants in our garden.

stitchersanon said...

I stitched and stitched..bliss lol. Our washing machine is almost always on lol

Julie said...

Tomato plants are just starting to grow well here, hubby is the gardener in this house, I just eat/cook the produce