Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Another very warm day

When the temperature is at 73 and the time reads 5 AM and the sun is still asleep, you just know it will be a very warm if not hot day. Yesterday the temp reached 97 and it is not even May yet! Some of the lovely garden blooms are feeling the heat already.....
Before leaving work yesterday, I picked up trim that I will use on All Is Well and some foam core board...on my way to getting a completion. I surprised myself with how little is let to do on Doll. Guess I have been putting more XXs in than I thought. The quilt is also moving along.... just 3 squares to embroider and then assemble. The embroidery is simple and looking as I imagined it all would. Very pleased with myself I am. Today Mr H has a doctor appointment this morning then I have a short meeting with our HOA Consultant then the rest of the day is mine, all mine. First I would like to get All Is Well mounted on the foam core board. I have not decided how to finish the wooden board that it will be on.... stain or paint. Always a decision to hold me up. I am thinking just a paint whitewash..... Next will be to at least embroider one more quilt square. I love hand embroidery.... I also want to try Stump Embroidery ...I am off until Saturday so I will have plenty of time to play with that. Some time last month while in Scottsdale, I found this delightful lady...
She is the same on both sides and dancing in the window of my Sewing room. When the afternoon sun enters  into the room,
The Ballerina shines and the air moves her gently and silently. Flying quietly above her in this window are 12 Origami Cranes. They came to live with me from ..Ingrid( see old post here) There are so many talented artists out in the world. I promise to try to find where the cranes flew in from. Dear friends, that about is it for this day. Laundry is ready to pop into the dryer and I positively need another cup of coffee. Thank you for the kind words and for spending time with me. Hope you have a marvelous day.
This is a beautiful day! It is a great reminder how thankful I am for all the "beauty" I have in my life. Thank you for being apart of this great feeling.
(author unknown)

8 comments:

Ranae said...

Very cool!!

sally said...

Your weather sounds beautiful - just another cold April day in NE England!
I love the ballerina, she is so pretty!

Vickie said...

You are really getting things done! Your ballerina is really neat.

Julie said...

Enjoy your few days crafting, such a pretty ballerina you came across.

jocondine said...

Very pretty ballerina, smart leap - entrechat !

cucki said...

Aww so sweet x

Annette-California said...

Very sweet ballerina! Goodness 97degrees? We are to hit 93 on Monday. soooo not looking forward to the hot weather so soon. Right now it raining - crazy weather.
Enjoy your craft time.
love Annette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your cranes came from Ingrid LOL. I typed cranes in the search box at the top of your blog.
http://needlespinsanddragonflies.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/late-start-today.html

The ballerina is beautiful too. I can actually see her much more clearly in my Reader, the photo is bigger. I read all your posts there because I find the font hard to see with my eyesights!!