Friday, March 21, 2014

There are shuttles and there are shuttles

My lunch plans fell through for Wednesday... my friend sprained her ankle so Mr H said he would take me out for lunch and he did.... we went to The Yard House at Westgate. Usually I would want to go to Margaritaville, but we decided to try another spot. The service was a bit slow and the calamari over cooked, but the sandwiches and soups were good. My Strawberry Mojito was delicious.  All in all it was a nice afternoon. Mr H said he needed one more plant...right.
this my friends does not look like one more plant, and there were a few more that did not make the photo!. I have to admit, when Mr H starts planting and placing, I get to enjoy beauty. Now, these are from Wednesday...here is what happened Thursday. Mr H announced he needed to add to one of the plants and needed another pot....
so this is what we came home with... what am I to do with this man.... love him of course. He is like a kid in a toy shop with nurseries. Starting next week I will post some of the garden pictures each day... I want to share the beauty.
 I think we have no more room for anything in the ground or in a pot...I think.
Before we left the house yesterday for one more plant, I was tatting. I am to the last section where I need to join in 2 places. Since I was unsuccessful the last attempt, I am waiting. Anyway, Mr H announced "let's go" so I put all my tatting in the basket.
He:   Looks like you dropped your clipper thing on the floor
She:  What clipper thing?
He:The one you worked with
She:   (goes to look)
He: This is a shuttle, not a clipper thing
He:  No, a shuttle is what you ride in.~~~~~~~~ I ask you again, what am I to do with this man, love him of course!
So my friends, thank you for visiting with me today...I am off to work but then I will be off until Tuesday...mini vacation..... I see myself stiting and tatting...unless there is one more pot or plant to get!
Have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

This is the best time of year here to be out in the garden. I'm always surprised to see what survives our summer heat. Lucky you to have such a lovely garden.

Vickie said...

What a wonderful, beautiful hobby Dennis has.

cucki said...

Wow your garden is looking so beautiful :)
Hugs hugs x

Julie said...

Your flowers look beautiful. My hubby says he only does the garden so I can see it looking nice....
Enjoy your extra few days off.

Cindy's Stitching said...

This post made me laugh. Its so nice you have some who enjoys gardening. The flowers will grow and bloom.

Shelly said...

Your patio is beautiful! I guess it's better to have a nursery habit than something worse! And you get to reap the rewards-beautiful yard. Enjoy your time off!

Ele said...

Your garden is lovely. I am like that too, cannot be trusted in a nursery or garden centre. I seem to be unable to buy just one plant!! :) enjoy the beauty!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

There's always room for one more plant! Thankfully, because it is what I always buy for my mum and my mother in law, they don't want anything else!

Can't wait to see how your tatting joins up, it was looking lovely last time you showed it.

Enjoy your extra break too.

Annette-California said...

What a beautiful garden. I too laughed at what Mr. H. said about the shuttle. Hope your able to get your 2 points to meet (tatting piece). love Annette

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Oh, your garden will be so beautiful when it's all in bloom! I'm not a gardener, and likely never will be LOL, but I am trying to learn with houseplants and hope to have a small one of my own someday. It's always nicer when you have someone else to do all the hard work ;) All your new plants are lovely, and the one in the bottom left corner of the first picture - the succulentish one with the daisyish flowers? - is especially striking! Mini-vacations are a marvelous idea, I hope you enjoy yours :)

Lelia said...

My husband enjoys plants and trees. I'm not much of a gardener - at all. So, what he plants, he weeds. I do enjoy clipping the flowers and bringing them inside - as do our cats!