Sunday, March 16, 2014

Reach out and touch it.....

I love going out in the very early morning before sunrise and feeling the clean air.... this morning I was treated to a spectacular full moon...
Each moon the full moon has a few names...one for this month's glorious moon is Full Crow Moon. Named for the "cawing of the crows which signals the end of winter". While I don't hear any crows, I listened to the silence and beauty of this moon. It was as though I could reach out and touch it. If I had bothered to get my tripod, the picture would be better.
I almost had the tatted Thistle pattern completed...almost. I could not join the very last section correctly...how frustrating. So, I tossed it out and have started it over...after all, it is only thread. Today my goal is to work on it and hopefully figure out the join. If not I will be calling out to The Debra for guidance, but first I really want to figure it it for myself. For the next 2 weeks, I will only be working 2 days each week ...love it ...more time for stitching and stuff. Since we last chatted, Mr H put a few more plants in the garden. I will have to show you how lovely our yard is looking. Until the heat of the summer arrives here in Arizona, we will enjoy the flowers. Once the temps hit the triple digits, poof .... they will all wilt away. Then it will be that Mr H and I hibernate.... but until then, outside we sit everyday.... relaxing, music playing in the background, Mr H reading( when he is not getting up and down to adjust one plant or another)  and me stitching...everyday is like a vacation day. This year marks 10 years that we are living here.... time really has passed quickly. I will have to tell you about our moving days... one day soon. For today, I will say that I am so happy to have you visit and thank you for the kind words which brighten my every day. Whatever your plans today, hope it is a grand day.

12 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Bella Luna!

butterfly said...

Lovely moon , enjoy your happy day sounds wonderful, we also have some nice sunshine and I sat out for a few mins today hugs.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Great picture of the moon.. sounds like you enjoy AZ.

Vickie said...

Every day is like a vacation day. Wow! That sounds fabulous Gracie. Have a great day you two.

Heather said...

Love the moon piccy. We do the same here in our tropical summers and try to avoid doing too much in the garden. But come the cooler months we are out and about everyday.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Beautiful image Gracie! I didn't know of that 'crow/winter/moon' name ~ very neat. Thank you for sharing that as I heard crows cawing for the first time in ages today. A good sign yes? lol

Enjoy your 'extra' days away from work (and every other day too of course)....

Hugs Issy (who's looking forward to your 'moving' stories)

jocondine said...

It's always a magic moment, watching the moon, love doing that too.
Have a nice week with a lot of stitching

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What an amazing moon. We never seem to get them that big here. Maybe we are too far north? I don't know.

I like the idea of different names, I'll have to start looking them up.

Michele Hebson said...

A beautiful shot of the moon. It was clouded over this morning on my way in to work so I didn't get to see it much. Hugs

blue star stitcher said...

That is a great picture of the moon last night, it was so bright outside our dogs didn't want to come in to go to bed!

Simply Victoria said...

Enjoy your vacation days and the beauty of your garden : )

Julie said...

A lovely moon picture.
Enjoy your time sitting outside in the sunshine, we have the sun today too, its lovely after such a long dark winter.