Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What shall I plan for today....


I find that most days that I do not "think" about work out just fine. Sometimes when I just move about the day, unexpected things happen to make it a good day. Take Sunday for example; I thought I would just tat and maybe put a few stitches in on Alphabet Doll..... no. Mr H suggested we take a ride to Scottsdale for their art festival. The weather as usual was great so the fair was nice too. You got it, no stitching or tatting. Monday came along....our community started a driveway paving project, which was my job to oversee. Notices went out well in advance, reminders too.... that went well. The crack sealing was done and barriers put up, homeowners remained off the drives...Tuesday,  the top coat sealing was done, barriers still up and homeowners remained off the drives-----but the *&# ! ^ # newspaper delivery person decided to ignore the barriers and deliver a newspaper! I did call and still no one from the paper has returned my call. Paving company came out to try to fix the damage of the tires tearing up some of the sealing... lets just say at least it is sealed. Since I worked there was of course no stitching or tatting. So today I did manage to get a bit more done on Thistle
So far so good...just starting on the 6th thistle flower and then one more to go before the dreaded connection....hopefully I will get it this time.  Last week I received a message from Heather of Stitching Lotus offering me a couple of tatting books.....
thank you dear Heather for these wonderful books. Although they are for needle tatting, the patterns can be converted for shuttle. I have learned to "read" the picture and can tat from that rather than the written directions.
I do have some plans for today... I am taking a friend out for lunch at Applebee's. Beyond that I have no, repeat no plans... maybe, maybe some tatting later and stitching. I found some lovely fabric to make a teddy bear with....more on that later. Still waiting for my bead order to arrive......more on that later. Are you wondering about these more on that later stuff? Guess you will have to return for another visit.... I do hope you will.... until then, thank you fro stopping by and have a great day. Hmm, what am I going to have for lunch at Applebee's. 
Today, the Italians celebrate La Fiesta San Giuseppe, the carpenter of Nazareth. It was my dad's patron saint. Although everyone called him Joe, he was baptized as Giuseppe. We always enjoyed having a Zeppole on this day. Traditionally they were only made for this date and growing up in an all Italian neighborhood, we had several bakeries to choose from.  It is a deep fried ball of dough that is then cut in half and filled with custard creme...yum. I will be getting some later this morning to enjoy with coffee with Mr H.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your tatting is just beautiful, I have never seen something like it.

Vickie said...

Sounds like you are enjoying delicious food today and later. Enjoy!

cucki said...

Aww sweet tatting...
Big hugs with lots of smiles :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The best laid plans...!

Your tatting is beautiful, the colour you've chosen is perfect for a thistle too.

Annette-California said...

Love your beautiful Thistle your tatting Gracie. Hope you have a fun and lovely day. love Annette

rosey175 said...

Tatting is something I've always wanted to learn. It looks so wonderful when worked up and I'm of the opinion every pillowcase in existence can use a bit of frill. Your thistle looks like it will be beautiful!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Sounds like you've had a wonderful time

Julie said...

Such a perfect colour for your tatted thistle, its gorgeous.
I hope you enjoyed your little treat with your coffee.

Brigitte said...

Your current tatting piece looks so great and I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
I hope your lunch at Applebee's was good.

Shirlee said...

Your thistle flower is looking so pretty : )