Tuesday, March 11, 2014

5 AM ramblings...

Another day....it is a work day. It is 5 o'clock in the morning and I am thinking of 5 PM already! You got it, I would love to stay home today... feeling lazy and it is just the beginning of the day. Maybe because yesterday was such a lovely day. Mr H and I shopped at the Mall, then we shopped at the garden center for plants. I am lucky that Mr H likes to dig about in the garden...I get to enjoy the beauty without any work! I started a new tatting motif.... already thinking of re-starting it with a different size thread.... I don't feel like a beginner anymore...haha. I also found another Deborah Roberti bracelet pattern I want to make. It is much simpler to buy on line from Red Panda Beads... one stop shopping and everything is right at a click. I really rather support the local businesses, but it is hard to that most of the time. My tatting thread is not available locally, many of the beads I want are also on line.... what am I to do.... so many local businesses have closed. At one time, I had 4 bead shops that I could go to.... now only one. Thank goodness The Attic is local...a half hour away for cross stitch supplies. Forget knit shops.... now I read yesterday that Staples is going to close lot of stores by 2015.... I guess I am not too lazy, my mind is in full swing.... I think I need a cup of coffee....I sure enjoyed having you to chat with today, glad you stopped by my friends. Have a grand day.
 Petunias.... so cheerful

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh petunias! Wonderful choice. Our bead shop closed 2 years ago. Our quilt shop closed last year. Have a good day at work Gracie.

Catsngrams said...

I love the flower basket. We are not there yet. I have not seen many flowers in the shops yet but I can hardly wait. It is rainy and we have snow in the mountains last night. I can hardly wait. We have had a cold winter.

Silverlotus said...

The flowers are lovely! Thank you for sharing the pictures. We have a grey, cold day here today, and there is still snow on the ground.

I understand what you mean about local shops closing. Just recently, my favourite bookstore closed, and my second favourite one is closing this month. (They are part of a big chain, but it is still disappointing.) I rely more and more on online shopping, even for stores I can visit at the mall, just because it is convenient and because the online prices are often cheaper. But, that has its consequences, unfortunately.

butterfly said...

Lovely hanging basket of flowers beautiful colour.
Shops are closing here too.

blue star stitcher said...

Love those pink petunias. I'm glad we have such an awesome shop as Attic here in town but I miss Needlers Nest out in the west valley.

Ele said...

Lovely flowers. I must stop at the garden center one of these evenings too and buy some flowers.

Julie said...

Beautiful basket.
I too am a watcher whilst hubby is the gardener.

Annette-California said...

Our local bead shop closed too. But got to see her at our fairgrounds rock & gem show. Lots of beads there. Beautiful hanging basket of flowers. love Annette