Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rain, rain....

Finally we had some rain. As a matter of fact, it rained Friday night throughout Saturday. We also had high winds during Friday night which did some damage to Mr H's tomato garden. At times it actually poured and there was minor street flooding.  Now this is big time here in he Valley. December was the last time we had any amount of rain. Most of the time it evaporates before hitting the ground. Remember the book Esther thought I should buy....well I did....
then she pointed out the bottom notation...Advanced Designs..."oh you can do it" we shall see..... it has some lovely motifs and I did find one I would like to start. Next Sunday our Tat and Chat meets and I will consult with The Debra about my choice. One of the selling points of this book is that it has a spiral spine which allows it to open flat. Always a good way to follow a pattern.
Just to show you that I have been working on Alphabet Doll # 2....
Each of the flowers on her dress will have a pearl seed bead and she carries a purse in her left hand...you know how that will be worked I bet. There is one more in this pattern and I hope to make that also. Such ambition I have! There is never enough time in my day or my week for that matter. I want to try everything. Now that in itself is not too bad. The problem is that I want to do it all now. "Slow down, you move too fast". Well, now, it certainly has been nice to chat with you. Your kind words always bring a smile to my heart. Thank you. Wishing you a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Shirlee said...

Looks like a great book : )

Julie said...

Alphabet doll looks beautiful. Enjoy making things from the new book.

Silverlotus said...

I'm sure you are going to do great with that book. Your tatting is fabulous.

And, rain. Well, flooding isn't good, but I have to admit I wish it was warm enough here to rain. We had yet more snow last night. I'm so tired of winter.

Bramble said...

Lovely stitching and enjoy your book (:

butterfly said...

Loving the doll, have a peaceful week.
I never have enouth time , I wish we could add a few hours to each day XXX