Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Electric Blue


Oh what a cloudy day we have here in The Valley of the Sun. I don't really mind as long as it does not rain. Our HOA paving project has begun this morning. It was too much for me to hope it would go along without a hitch.... had to locate the owner of one car and remind the owner of another car to move to street parking. On Monday afternoon, Mr H and I took a ride to the Glendale Public Library. They have a Xeriscape Garden that we enjoy visiting. While there the Peacocks were mighty noisy...well, they are looking for mates after all. There had to be at least a dozen or more male and females lounging about....

This fellow was very obliging for a photo op. He glowed in the afternoon light and was only too eager to display his plumage for me...well, not exactly for me...there were many Peahens about who really did not seem to notice him and the other males. He even showed me his back side which was quite pretty. All in all it was a lovely time spent in the garden. Off to work today.... finally down to a 3 day work week this and next week. Did I mention some beads arrived in the mail yesterday?...Glad to have you visit with me today. Thank you for the kind words which warm my soul. Have a great day. Did I tell you about the beads...?

7 comments:

Bev said...

the peacocks look beautiful, especially when they fan all their feathers xx

pam said...

Isn't he a handsome fellow!

Heather said...

Love the photos of the birds. And don't tease about the beads...show us!

Silverlotus said...

Beautiful pictures! I adore peacocks.

So, beads? ;) Tell us more.

Annette-California said...

The peacocks are so beautiful and I love your photos. You captured their coloring especially the blues and greens - lovely.
Oh love them beads!!! love Annette

Julie said...

Spectacular display from the peacocks, you captured them beautifully.
Did you say new beads? ..... No, perhaps not then lol
Best wishes xx

Andrea said...

The peacock is beautiful, I love it when they display all of their feathers.