Saturday, March 1, 2014

Can it be a week already?

Oh my...just where did this week disappear to? Have I been that busy.... or just lazy. I did work on the Alphabet doll .....a little. I also worked up one of the crocheted beads and flower designs...
I learned to crochet when I was just around 7 years old. My dear Aunti Lucy taught me. I did quite a bit of that for some time then let it go for other crafts. This book surely has me wanting more.  Gee, can't remember the last time I had a size 10 metal crochet hook in my hands. I just grabbed the first pink beads I saw...should have been a darker shade, but I like it anyway. I can see more crocheted edging for finishes.... for now, I think I will continue to do samples and then I will know what they look like for a project.  By the way, Esther did it again. She forced me to buy another book. Guess I should not have told her about the new bookcase. More about that book later.
We finally had some rain last night...the first since December I think. It has been so long that I really do not remember. The garden looks happy even though the sun is hiding up in the sky someplace. Mr H will not have to water plants today. I hope the rain does end by tomorrow. Mr H wanted to go to a garden tour in the Phoenix area.....
It was so nice to see you again...a week has been too long. I promise to not stay away so long again. Thank you for stopping by.  Whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have a wonderful time.

9 comments:

Michele Hebson said...

Forget a week...it's already MARCH!

Shelly said...

Yup, it is Gracie. I have the same feeling too. It's March already. It's true what they say about time speeding up when you're older! Enjoy your day!

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie! Nope, you should not have told Esther. ;)

Heather said...

Esther knows best! Books are good! Love the crochet flowers.

Mouse said...

glad you have had some rain but I hope it stops long enough for you to go on the tour ... love the wee crochet flowers and of course you just had to have that book :) love mouse xxxxx

Barb said...

I love the idea of beading with crotchet! I might have to learn how to crochet!!!
Lovely work:)
Barb

Ele said...

Mmmmmmm, looks like we will soon see some wonderful new finishes here! :)
Love the idea of adding beads to crochet flowers, they look so cute
Have a great time on the garden tour, hope the weather is nice there

Shirlee said...

Very pretty edgings : )

Julie said...

Lovely crochet flowers, very delicate. Hope you made it to the garden tour.