Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pretty mail

Sun glow on flowers
Hummingbird sips the nectar
Bees gather pollen
This is my Saturday morning..... a lovely day to end my work week. I am looking forward to a few days off from the hustle and bustle. Mr H is still picking tomatoes from our garden.... a great crop this year. It is still a novelty to us to be having tomatoes in the garden in January/February. He replanted my little herb garden of parsley, chives and basil with some pretty lavender.  Yesterday just before leaving for work the garage bell rang and that can only mean  a package has arrived. I won the drawing at Donna's Grow Your Blog Party....
Look at these lovely earrings..... so Victorian. A perfect little silver container is what she sent them in. Thank you Donna. If you have never visited Donna, please do.
On Wednesday Mr H and I went to Staples where I bought my bookcase...just a simple on to hold books and some of my "stuff". I did mention to Esther that it was okay to find me books again as I have a new place for them! Actually, she never stopped......
EvaP is doing well....thank you for the kind wishes for her. Mom was so pleased that you thought of her. I ma due for routine blood work...I keep putting it off... just so silly of me. Guess Monday will be the day....after my Sun Stitchers meeting in the morning. In the meantime, welcome to new friends and thank you to all for the kindness you share with me. I do treasure our friendships. Have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just love your post for today....it sounds like your husband is keeping you and him in vegetables during the winter months...that is good.

Congratulations on your stash that you receive from the give - a - way.

What are you stitching on?

Have a Beautiful Day....
Linda K, Railroad

Vickie said...

I am so glad to know your mom is doing well.

Angela P said...

What a lovely giveaway to win :)

Bramble said...

Congratulations on winning the giveaway - the earrings and pot are beautiful.
Glad to hear your mum is recovering.

Annette-California said...

So thankful for your mom to be doing well. Congrats on your beautiful and elegant gifts. Been thinking of you. Isn't it great when you get a piece of furniture to help get things organized? Good for you.
love Annette

Julie said...

A lovely gift you received, very pretty.
Great news that EvaP is doing well.
Enjoy your meeting with friends and hope all goes well for the bloodwork.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Good luck to you and your endeavours.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What beautiful earrings, a lovely prize to win.

I am pleased that your Mum is OK and at least she had the presence of mind to press her call button. My grandparents never wanted to use their's because "we don't want to bother anyone".