Sunday, February 16, 2014

A quite Sunday morning

I love the quite of my early mornings. The first cup of coffee and curling up on the daybed with an old movie and no one to interrupt. Just me....
This morning began with putting the oven on self clean, re-arranging a few containers in the craft closet to make them more accessible and now, catching up on blog visits.... and it is only 6:12 AM. The fairies have done it again.

 They have me under their spell. I have not stitched, tatted or beaded this week. I would think they have better things to do than to take my time...but I am determined to find it today. Esther has done it again...that's right, she found me a book...2 books. I must get a new bookcase and real soon.
One is on beaded bugs and the other on old fashion crocheted motifs. Why do I not have will power? I am not even that keen on crocheting! I must get that bookcase soon....
Our weather has been warm for this time of the season. We even broke a record the other day. It has been in the low 80's and wonderful to sit out on the lanai. Mr H and I had our lunch outside Wednesday. I am waiting for the sun to rise and the newspaper to arrive then I will sit out with my coffee, the second cup, and relax. Before I forget, welcome to a few new friends...so glad that you have found me. I am off now to try to corner the fairies......have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh your lanai sounds fabulous! It is currently 15º and snowing here right now.

Kathy Ellen said...

I can't imagine temps in 80's. It is freezing cold and windy here after another snowstorm last night, but the sky is powdery blue with clouds and a little sun.

Blessings for a restful Sunday.

butterfly said...

Enjoy your hot day , it sounds so good , but I must say it's been Spring like here today after those storms,hugs.

Heather said...

I love the mornings too! Hope the fairies give you back your time! They must have been to my place as well as I did a bit of movie watching on the weekend and not much sewing.

geeky Heather said...

We are going to Florida soon for a week, and I'm really hoping for 80s! The beaded bug book sounds fascinating....

Fiore said...

Hi Grace. I enjoyed the idea of the fairies that help you to stitch and crochet! Thats's so cute.
I love the mornings. I prefer to wake up early (before my husband) and take my time with a hot cappuccino, reading my favourite blogs and making plans for the day.
Yesterday was a beautiful day, so sunny and bright. We went out and we had a wonderful Sunday near a bright, peaceful light blue sea, eating fish and salads in a nice restaurant over the sea. It was a long time I haven't had a day like that and today I feel better and full of life.
Love from Italia. Ciao.
Fiore

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Why do we crafters collect so many books knowing that we will never have time to make everything we see!! It's fun though Gracie, I keep adding new bookcases and my husband keeps asking when it will stop:-) Enjoy your new books and your lovely warm weather.

Andrea said...

Sounds like a perfect day.

Julie said...

I hope you had a wonderful Sunday.