Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Plans change quickly

A morning phone call....
He:  I'm on the way to moms, she fell
She:  No, what happened
He:  Not sure, will call you when I get there.
This was the call from my brother Alan in RI on Sunday morning. EvaP had fallen and used her I have fallen and can't get up button.   She was transported to a hospital. Alan called with updates, tests performed and blood work too and kept over night. She had not been feeling well, and we thought it was a cold or the flu. his always is a cause for concern when you are 87. As of Tuesday, she is home and feeling tired but cleared for any infection and nothing is broken. So, the plans for a quiet stitch morning went by the wayside. Sometimes it is hard to live so far away. When I spoke to her she was concerned that I sounded tired...mothers are like that.
I had a silent talk with those pesky fairies this morning. I made it clear that I had a few projects sitting idle and they had to find someone else to bother. Must be working because with needle in hand, in between the laundry, I managed to work on the Alphabet Doll a little. This is so not like me to not stitch or tat or bead for so many days. I ordered beads from Red Panda to make another Deb Roberti bracelet. I had a discount from them from my last order so of course I had to use it. I can't wait to get the package. I saved $6.21 from the 20% off coupon, and $4.71 from my Rewards...not bad. Good company to do business with. Did I mention I saw a book ....well, I put it back on the rack. Must get that bookcase today! In the meantime., I will sit and stitch and say thank you for visiting with me and for the kind words....have a great day.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

So very, very glad she did not break a bone! I am praying for her.♥

Brigitte said...

What a relief it must have been for you and your brother that your mom hasn't broken anything. So good to know that she is on the mend.

Bramble said...

So glad that EvaP is ok and recovering at home.
I hope your stash arrives soon (:

Heather said...

So very glad to hear your mum has not broken anything. I think you sent the fairies over here as I just can't get motivated today!

Ele said...

Glad she is fine and you can relax!

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

"Needles Pins and Dragonflies" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/02/sites-to-see_21.html

Silverlotus said...

I hope your mom is well, Gracie.

Julie said...

I hope Eva is getting better with each passing day. xx