Wednesday, December 4, 2013

An enjoyable day out

I do not know why, but this holiday season is really wearing me down and it is just beginning. On Sunday afternoon Mr H and I took a ride to the town of Fountain Hills on the East side of The Valley. We had not been there for some time and it was a beautiful comfortable day.
The main attraction is the fountain of course.... and the  wonderful sculptures. The fountain is the tallest in the world and rises 560 feet.... 3 times as high as Old Faithful. The Mountain range is the McDowell Mountains. In one picture you can see The Four Peaks and Rugged Red Rock in the other.
Then there is this sculpture of a cowboy and his horse. From his boot drips water as well and from the horses mouth. There are many other pieces of art but that is for another visit.
I never got to put up the outside lights, but the 3 trees are now decorated and look pretty nice. I probably will get to the lights today as I am off work. At the moment, it is very windy ... the chimes are banging the house instead of ringing. Mr H just went out to secure them. Now why did I not think to do that?
Finally, I will share another Christmas picture. In place of a full Creche, I have this ceramic piece that I just love.
Not sure where I bought it, but I have had it since moving out here. It can hold a votive candle, but I put in a "house" light.... it really looks lovely at night. Just a few odds and ends to set around now. I will share more of The Horton Christmas House later. Right now I think I will go and do some beading...or maybe a bit of tatting...no wait, I should work on that cross stitch ornament. Actually, I have been awake since 2 AM (now 5:30) and feeling a little lazy. A cup of tea and cat nap is what I need. How about you, what are you doing today. What ever you do, I hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you for visiting with me and for the kind words and emails. Welcome to a couple of new friends....

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Those cowboy and horse statues are awesome. I love the dripping, that is way cool.
The Holy Family is very wonderful. What a unique piece. So pretty.

Julie said...

WOW!!! what a fountain, spectacular.

My day has not been nice, a crafting project that was community organised and going to be so lovely has turned into something rather ugly. Yesterday was anger about it, today is sadness for me and the others who took part. Tomorrow I meet with the Mayor and council to see why it turned out so badly after all the hard work by some wonderful ladies ... sorry you did ask lol.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my goodness, what a lovely trip! And I love your Holy Family piece. I'm sure the soft glow from it is lovely!

butterfly said...

Looks like you had a great trip, it is good to get away from the Christmas stress. hugs.