Friday, November 29, 2013

The day after

Well here it is Black Friday.... I am awake, getting ready for my first cup of coffee and then soon I will be off to the mad rush at Jo Ann's. My hours got changed for today...so in I will be for 8:30 AM instead of 5:30. I will for sure be soaking my hands in the paraffin bath tonight and thank goodness I have a foot bath soak too. It will; be a challenging day.
Mr H and I had a lovely day yesterday....he cooked a delicious turkey and we had roasted white and sweet potatoes and I made a wonderful antipasti. We had homemade apple and peach pies.
We sat outside on the lanai while the turkey was in the oven.....it was a lovely day all around. Mr H watched football and I wrapped some packages for mailing. I also remembered to draw for Jeanne's give away...the sampler pattern will be going out to June at Butterfly Wings.....and Minnie from All XX's had sent just the right name for....the elves...Pip and Nina. A little something will be out to her as well. Can you believe it is almost December? This year has passed so quickly for me. Sometimes almost a blur here and there.
I think tonight, if I am not too tired (ha ha), I will convince Mr H that he should help me rearrange a few pieces of furniture so I can put up the other 2 trees. Then it will be the outside lights.... hope he is not too tired! In the meantime, so glad you stopped by today....hope your day is wonderful....must have that cup of coffee.....

8 comments:

Brigitte said...

You must have enjoyed your Thanksgiving Day a lot from what I see on the pictures. Particularly those pies look delicious.
I hope today won't be too stressful.

Justine said...

Your Thanksgiving dinner looks delicious! Thanks for sharing your photos. Hope Black Friday isn't too bad. We don't really have it here in the UK but I notice a couple of shops have started it....

Vickie said...

What a lovely picture of you and Dennis. Glad your day was great. Hope today flies by for you.

Janet P said...

Enjoy your furniture moving. I have been thinking along exactly the same lines of moving the furniture around

Shelly said...

What a nice picture of you and Mr. H! The pies and the antipasti salad look great. Good luck today with Black Friday! Me, I'm still trying to digest Thanksgiving! Hope that didn't hit the Yuck factor!

Fiore said...

Glad you had a nice and peaceful day. You and your husbad seem so sweet togheter.
Alas, my mind is a blur, too many things to do, to organise, to match and time goes by so fastly.
Have a nice day

Annette-California said...

Beautiful photo of you and Mr. H Gracie. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Glad you had a lovely day with Mr. H. Hope you survived the weekend working at Joann's. I went there today and was thinking of you.
love Annette

Shirlee said...

That is a lovely photo of you & your husband! So glad you had such a nice day : )