Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Starting to look like Christmas

Why is it we I get mail, read it and then file it here or there. The letter arrived in plenty of time to mark the date. See arrows in first picture.......
So then why did I we not pay attention? Why were we so surprised when the TV clicked off and the house became very quiet? ....well of course since we did not remember this was a happening event, the car was still in the garage and the door closed. Not a problem said I to Mr H....all you have to do is pull on the manual opener. Nothing...zilch.... not working!.... Mr H was finally able to lift the door with some effort. Why was I concerned? I had to leave for work at 11:30 and it was now 10:20 when I realized that the car was still in the garage and the expected power out was suppose to be until noon. Such was the start to my Tuesday. 
I mentioned in my last post that I never have started The Horton Christmas so early. This morning I said to me, myself and I; it is time to at least fix this corner of the kitchen. The boxes were spread out and in the way. First I needed to get laundry #1 in and while I was there I found myself taking out the Kitchen tree from the cupboard in the garage. Now if the box was to come into the kitchen, why not just put it up...does not have to be decorated, just up and ready and the box back to storage. Right....
Before I knew it either me myself or I had the branches fluffed, the lights on and the Tatted ornaments hung. All of a sudden me myself and I set up the angels...The boxes? yes, they are set neatly in the far corner of the kitchen. No, I do not plan to set up the other 2 trees. I might rescue poor Santa from falling out of the box.......
It has been so nice to have you visit with me today...are you getting ready for Christmas at your house? In the meantime, hope all of you my dear friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

8 comments:

cucki said...

Happy thanksgiving my dear xxx

Vickie said...

Nope. Not ready yet at all here. Your kitchen is looking fabulous Gracie. Take care on Black Friday at work!!

Simply Victoria said...

Your tree looks lovely with its tatted ornaments. Happy Thanksgiving.

Justine said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Christmas decorating starts with advent in our home.

Shelly said...

Yup, I have bills and important papers spread here and there. I had to chuckle, though, at your car being locked inside the garage! Your decorating is beautiful. I'm looking forward to decorating. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mr. H!

Nancy said...

Your tree and the angels look great. I have not even thought about any decorating yet. I don't know if I will do any this year. Is the garage door opener hard to open manually? The one that I had was so hard that I had to have a neighbor do it for me when I needed it done. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Shirlee said...

Your tatting tree looks lovely my friend! Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Cindy said...

Your tatted tree is lovely. My grandmother tatted but I have never been able to master it. You work is beautiful.