Thursday, September 19, 2013

yup, the sewing machine works

It is absolutely a beautiful morning....the  temp is reading only 69! Now that is what I call lovely after the high tempos we have had for early morning. However, it was still hot yesterday reaching 107 and expected again today. They say a cool down (high 90's) is expected for the beginning of next week. We shall see if the heat is finally going away. I read the instruction manual for the sewing machine. I figured out how to thread and wind a bobbin....
and finally completed the piece which was finished way back when. I was hesitant to make the pillow because the old machine was not always cooperative and I did not want to chance having to tear out stitches on the linen. I always loved the song Lavender Blue so this was a must for me to stitch. I used the soft green vine print on the back and hand stitched the cream cording around the edge. It sits on the rocker in my bedroom.
I participate in the Black Bird Design Exchange group and mailed out my piece in August. I know it had to travel to Australia, but I am sure it should have arrived by now. The partner I sent to does not have a blog, so I have no way to peek to see if she posted anything and do not have  an email to contact her. This is what I made for her
I have stitched this before and will probably stitch it again. I added pearl seed beads instead of stitches here and there and the tassels in all corners. I love the backing fabric....hopefully this did not get lost. I have contacted the moderator for the group so she can contact the recipient. I  love to exchange both privately and in groups.... always has gone well.  I did start another Alphabet doll, but put it aside for now to work on a southwest design. Why?? I have not a simple answer. My hands work with my mind on their own? Anyway, I took it to work on at Sweet Jeanne's place Wednesday morning We got together at 8 am! Her piece is almost finished and she has done a fine job too. We have such a good time chatting almost more than stitching.... I so enjoy visiting with her. We share stories, we share memories.  The Debra and I are going to try to start a tatting group. With her experience in tatting and teaching, she will be able to offer so much. So, any of you that may read this in Arizona (there are many bloggers here) and would like to join us, please let me know. I am off to work today....so I must say move along. Thank you for spending time with me...and for the kind words.... have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

meggie said...

Hello Gracie

Beautiful finishes, so glad to hear your machine works!
Happy stitching (:

Brigitte said...

Oh Gracie, I so love the little pillow Lavender Blue, it looks so beautiful all finished up. And your exchnage piece is just as beautiful. Great stitching and finishing.

cucki said...

So glad your machine is working..l
Beautiful finishes.
Big hugs x

Vickie said...

Both pieces are lovely Gracie. Glad you are working with your new machine.

Cardygirl said...

Love hearing what you are up to. The finish looks great, glad the machine cooperated! Love the swap pressure, I am sure she will love it!

Cardygirl said...

I meant pressie...auto correct!

Ele said...

Beautiful finishes! The first one especially is sooo sweet! Must look for it next time I do some stash shopping :)

butterfly said...

Your work is always so beautiful gracie.

Anne said...

Wonderful finishes Gracie! I love the Remember me finish with those little pearls and the tassels. I sure hope it arrives to your partner soon!

Mouse said...

ooo pleased your new machine works well and love the piece too ... hope your exchange pillow did arrive :) and good luck with sorting out the new class ... love mouse xxxx

Simply Victoria said...

Pretty finishes! Glad your new machine is working well for you.