Sunday, September 15, 2013

And the Traveling Pattern goes--------

Slow start this morning morning.... blogger seems to be having a few issues from yesterday....and I think they are still here!  Photobucket was having problems this morning. I do think I am ready for my post today.
First, I have been having sewing issues with my faithful 30 year old Kenmore machine. Mr H suggested, again, that I look for a new machine rather than invest in this one. Kenmore does not appear to be in the sewing machine business anymore. Sears, does not carry very many choices. Mr H kept the car to run a few errands while I worked. When He came to pick me up, he was visiting with the Viking Center. That, if you do not know, is Jo Ann's sewing area.... there he was sitting with one of the ladies discussing
my situation. I looked over the machine they talked about and decided to get it... it is a nice simple machine suitable for my needs. Nothing really fancy.... has over 100 stitches, 7 button hole stitches and simple alphabet. I do not require a "quilter" machine or the fancy embroidery types.... so this will do nicely. I am scheduled for 2 classes with the Viking Center in a few weeks. In the meantime, I did play around a little this morning. Of course, at the moment I do not have anything needing sewing!
My co-worker Mara brought me....
yes, a tatting book and 2 shuttles. She bought these some time ago...the date on the shuttle still in the package is 1992...as is the publication of the book, but never was able to really learn and lost interest. Lucky for me! My friends do encourage me...all the time. Mara and I have lots of laughs during our work shift.... always there to keep the spirits going. Yesterday was a very busy day...my 3 hour shift felt like 8....I really need this weekend....speaking of which, The Debra and I will be getting together later today....always enjoyable.
Oh, that's right, you want to know where the pattern is going.....

Calamity JR.....I just checked my Blogger Address book and Mary Jane's address is there. She does not have a blog so I will include the other names and then she can draw from that for the next mailing. Speaking of the address book, I don't want to overload you today, so I will post about the book tomorrow and have an updated photo of a change I made to the cover. A visit with you is always a pleasure and reading your kind words and emails is great. Hope you have a marvelous day!

5 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Yay! Thanks, Gracie, for sharing this pattern. I look forward to seeing how you've changed your address book cover.

Your new sewing machine looks wonderful; just enough bells and whistles to have fun with, but not so many as to be overwhelmed. I actually have two - one that I brought from home when I got married (Mom's? Grandma's?) and one I haven't used since my daughter was small. I can't use either one until I decide which to have overhauled and made useable, but the new ones tempt me so much! Decisions, decisions! One of these days...

Shelly said...

What a lucky gal you are, getting a new sewing machine! I have a Kenmore too and isn't real fancy. It's about 8 years old but I'd like a new one too. I'd take one like yours, not too fancy but with some nice updated features. Enjoy your Snday!

cucki said...

Wow enjoy your new sewing machine
Happy sewing time
Hugs x

Mouse said...

oooooooooo nice machine .. mines a janome but I love how pretty your singer is :) enjoy your new machine ... and way to go on the tatting book and congratulations to Calamity Jr :) love mouse xxxxxx

Annette-California said...

How exciting a new sewing machine:) You will get lots of use from it.
Congrats to Calamity Jr!
love Annette