Thursday, August 15, 2013

so...it is not Tuesday?!

It was one of thoses mornings... you know the kind, when you are not sure of anything for the first hours or so when you wake up. I got up at 3:30 AM and walked to the kitchen to make my coffee and thought it was Tuesday! I was thinking of getting my stuff together for work! No, I will not tell Mr H...he will satrt with that dedication to work mantra again. So what did I do? Well, I went to the sewing room, into the closet and took out a project that was started...
These pumpkin style pincushions were already sewn together, the beads/buttons already picked out and pearl cotton chosen. I sat down and finished them. I love pincushions and enjoy making them,... all sizes and all types. The fun is finding the right beads and buttons to match. I send some of them to sis Lynowl...she loves them and had them on display . Yeah, she pretty much thinks I am a creative person.
I had a nice visit with Dear Ziz yesterday morning... she is planning a cross stitch project and came to look at what I had for patterns. The Debra will be here on Sunday... with her working all week, that is pretty much the only day we can get together. I am excited to show her my last motif. I have learned so much from her. I will be joining The Lacy Ladies of Arizona this September.... it is a group of tatters that Debra belongs to and she asked me to be a guest at the next meeting. 
Mr H  is coming along with me this afternoon for a couple of medical tests and maybe while we are out we can take the round about way back home by way of a bead shop not too far away. they usually have some unique beads... like the ladybug on the  strawberry pincushion in the above collection. I happened to look at the list of followers yesterday...I looked twice! there are 259 friends!! When I began this jouney, I never expected to meet so many lovely people. Thank you all for your friendship, kind words, encouragement and hugs when needed. Thank you for sharing this time with me today. Hope your day is wonderful.

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Beautiful pin cushions loveall the pretty colours, hugs.

Annette-California said...

Oh my goodness - all those gorgeous pincushions. I want to learn to make one. I am so excited that you are invited to The Lacy Ladies of Arizona. How fun! Congrats on all your friends following your blog:)))
love Annette

Patty C. said...

Great pincushions Gracie!

cucki said...

Aww I love your pin cushions so much..
Big hugs x

Julie said...

Stunning pincushion collection.
Hope all went well at the tests. X

Silverlotus said...

Great job on the pin cushions! They look so good.

ginnyt said...

I love making pin cushions too; yours are beautiful; Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Janet P said...

I just love those pin cushions, I can see them all in a little basket as a display piece. We stitchers always find these great little craft shops.

Simply Victoria said...

What a great variety of colorful pincushions.

thegreytail said...

LOVE those pincushions, great job.
you deserved those followers, and all the ones the future holds!
hugs,
chiara