Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Thimble in the purse

Oh I won.... I won the JCS Halloween Magazine that Carolyn was giving away! What? I know, I did complain about my magazine basket... this is different. I do not have not one Halloween magazine and I need to make a few items. Yes, I could have bought it, but ..... I will be participating in a Halloween exchange and this will be just in time to find something to stitch.
Speaking about stitching.... I took Guinevere off the sewing machine today and completed my BBD Exchange piece and this

The blue fabric is the lining and the brown is the back piece. I decided not to use linen for the backing. The  cord is a simple silky cord that I found in the trim box. I am pleased with it....
I have heard from Cheryl that Madame Muriel has safely arrived back in DC.  I think she will be going out for a few excursions with Cheryl this week or so.
Well, I have so much to do... Dear Ziz is coming over shortly and I still need to get a few things done. Goodness, I have not even gone out to get the paper... and it is right out the garage door. So I hope you will excuse this quick post... I do hope you have a great day.

14 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love your thimble purse! It is darling!

RuthB said...

Well, your magazine basket was lonely :)

Congrats on the absolutely beautiful finish and the very useful win!

cucki said...

aww i love it..
so cuteeeeeeeeeee x

meggie said...

Lovely purse, very pretty. Congrats on winning the mag!

Vickie said...

ooOoo! The thimble purse is precious.

ginnyt said...

that little purse is so beautiful!!!

Shelly said...

The thimble purse looks great! Super job on that. The Halloween issue is a different kind of magazine. Well, that's what I keep telling myself!

Ele said...

it is sooooooo beautiful!!

Brigitte said...

Oh Gracie, your thimble purse is so so beautiful. And so perfectly finished. I'm in awe ...

Annette-California said...

Love your thimble purse Grace! Looks so much prettier than the cover on the chart. You did a beautiful finish. The fabrics are so pretty.
love Annette

Julie said...

So sweet and dainty, beautiful.

Anthea said...

Gorgeous purse there Gracie! Your stitching is always so perfect, well done

thegreytail said...

beautiful stitching, perfect fabrics, great finishing.
thank you for inspiring me to do more Gracie!
hugs and happy xxx,
chiara

thegreytail said...

beautiful stitching, perfect fabrics, great finishing.
thank you for inspiring me to do more Gracie!
hugs and happy xxx,
chiara