Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Postman does ring twice....

I did not plan a post today... as you might tell by the late time of this one. I have been lazy, stitching, having coffee and all around not wanting to do anything. Yesterday I went across the courtyard to stitch and chat with Sweet Jeanne. She is recently back from visiting her daughter. So I wanted to hear all about what they did for the week. I worked on The Witch. We ran an errand then stopped for lunch and then Dairy Queen ice cream....back home to stay put until Mr H's 8 PM MRI. All in all, I nice easy day.
As I said, I did not plan to chat with you but I heard the ding dong of the back bell. The postman rings twice to get my attention after one time ...(when I first moved here) I missed getting to the garage door quick enough! I had to then wait until the next day for the package and had to go to the Post Office to get it.  So, I asked that the bell ring twice so I get there before he drives off... and I will say he does drive too fast through our drives. Anyhooo...
look what I got in the mail. I sent for Christmas green and red for tatting.
Since there would be a package and s & h, why not get a booklet too. I really enjoyed learning to tat on a ring so this book is perfect. I want to make all of the projects! Especially the one on the cover. I must I need to calm down here! I must finish the 2 current cross stitch (actually I think there are a couple more than 2) projects ... but I must tat! I am happy when my shuttles are near by and ready.  I must run now.... need to look at the nice pictures in the book .... again.
Glad you stopped by... thank you for the kind words.... I so appreciate all of you. Have a wonderful day...did I mention my new tatting book????

8 comments:

Julie said...

Christmas tatting in such lovely colours no wonder you are all excited. The cover design is very pretty on the book.
Hope all goes well for hubby.

Brigitte said...

Oh I know how excited one can be over packages with new stash, lol. Enjoy your new tatting book and I think it's OK when you put your cross stitch aside for a day or two and get yourself busy with tatting :)))

Annette-California said...

It is very exciting to receive new stash in the mail:) I can't wait to see what you make the the pretty Christmas colors. I vote for you to start tatting Christmas:)))
love Annette

meggie said...

Lovely mail, Gracie (:
Have a good weekend!

Shirlee said...

Love the movie reference Gracie : ) I can't believe you actually have a postman who rings your bell once, let alone twice! Here they just leave a package by the garage door in any kind of weather. No knock, no nothing. Of course we once lived in a town where the postman would walk up 2 or 3 steps & then throw packages the rest of the way up onto the porch. It's a different time now-a-days, isn't it. I look forward to seeing how you use these lovely threads : )

cucki said...

Aww sweet (:
Hugs x

butterfly said...

Can't wait to see your tatting in green and red.hugs.

Janet P said...

I have seen tatting at craft shows, and now I shall look a little closer. x