Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It's gonna be a long day

I did not sleep well and was up into the  wee hours. I think I finally closed my eyes around 3 AM. So not to waste time, I decided to complete my Southwest print bag.
I rather like it. The fabric is Moda Southwest selection. The squares, 6 inch, were pre-cut...very nice thank you. The pattern calls for 5 inch which is what the size was I made the first bag. This is a little larger which is fine. The straps are made from the ling fabric which is from the same collection. Not sure if I will keep the doodad on the front/back as embellishment, but for now or until I find something else, it will do. I have no idea why, but I want feel that I should do some crocheting again! Why?!? I really have enough to do....we will let it go for now.....
I did some stitching on The Witch and the Halloween piece yesterday but I had a podiatrist appointment which ate up some time. The good news is that I won't be having any surgery....would need to be very extensive but the bad news is that I will have to adjust to some degree of foot pain. I bought  special inserts that will hopefully help ease some of the pain. I have had 6 surgeries on my left foot since 1986, (the last 2009) and do not want anything more! I like this new doctor, he is conservative and that is good. I return in 3 weeks for a follow-up and we shall see if these inserts help. If not, the special made ones will probably be needed....
I would like to welcome a couple of new followers and thank you all for the kind words and emails. I am off to work today.... whatever your plans are, hope you have a marvelous day.

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Beautiful bag, enjoy your day.

cucki said...

Super sweet bag.
Big hugs x

Anne said...

Your bag is gorgeous Gracie! I love Moda fabrics and this collection is so bright and cheery. I hope that things go well with the new doctor and you find some relief for your pain in your foot. Hugs

Vickie said...

Wonderful job on the bag Gracie.

Shirlee said...

Lovely bag Gracie! We were almost the opposites last night ... you not being able to close your eyes until 3 a.m. & me waking up fully alert & rarin' to go at 2:30! We could have worked on each other's projects like shift workers if we were neighbors : )

Julie said...

Lovely bag, very pretty.

Brigitte said...

A very beautiful bag. Love the fabric line.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely bag and good use of your time at 3am! So glad that your new doctor is turning out to be good.

Good luck with your foot.

hugs, Kaye

Annette-California said...

Such a beautiful bag. You did a great job. So pretty:)
love Annette
ps hope you get some sleep tonight.

Ele said...

Gorgeous bag! How clever!