Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lavender Doll

Was I the only one wishing that Kate would have a Princess? What is with all these Prince births? EvaP can finally relax now that The Baby is here.... my mom cracks me up. You would think that she is the grandmother! She will be fixed to the chair and then the next update.... well, at least I know she will be staying out of trouble.
I finally managed to finish that dreaded tatted snowflake...washing it, then I will block and then a picture. I was so determined that I would accomplish it. This will be at the top of the tree you can be sure! Yesterday was our monthly Sun Stitchers Group...nice to visit with the ladies and catch up on what everyone is doing. I brought this
and I must say I am pleased with it. I made my usual changes.... the top of her hair--- I added 3 black beads to mimic a comb. I wanted texture for the basket so I found some thin twine that just happened to be the color of the basket thread. and the fabric is from my stash... fabric that I have had forever. The trim is one of my favorites to use. She stands 7 inches tall and her base is 3 and 1/2 inches. I do plan to make the other 2 dolls and the 3 witches also. I have everything to do the first witch all set to go. But first, I must finish the exchange I am doing with Angela, and my BBD exchange which is needed by September  16th. I was all set to make the Thimble Purse but find that I am missing one of the threads... disappointed. I am enjoying this week off from work... I do go in Friday... like a mini vacation.  I will take these days off as it will soon be the holidays and the busy time.
Well my friends, I have enjoyed our visit today. Thank you for the kind words and emails.... always a pleasure to visit with you here and at your place. Hope you have a grand day.

11 comments:

butterfly said...

Wonderful I love your doll, I must make one soon , you made a great job of her gracie.

cucki said...

Wow the doll is so sweet *•*
I love her and you too
Kisses x

Simply Victoria said...

Wow, Gracie, your doll is really beautiful! Such careful details you made.

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie, she is wonderful. And yes, I was hoping for a princess. ;)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Very neat finish, your doll looks great. I wonder what the chosen name will be.

Silverlotus said...

She is so lovely! Great job!

Annette-California said...

How beautiful she turned out. You did a an amazing job stitching her and the finishing too. I was wondering when you were going to start the pouch. So sorry you were missing one thread. Hope you can get it soon. love Annette

Ele said...

Wow! Your doll is beautiful

♥ Nia said...

oh she looks so lovely =) wonderful work!! :D
hugs!!

thegreytail said...

oh Gracie, your Lavender Lady is gorgeous!!
love all the details you added, you nailed them all!!
can't wait to see your beautiful tatting too.
enjoy the mini vacation,
chiara

Julie said...

She's adorable!