Monday, March 11, 2013

My Tatting Shuttle and I are not speaking....

I have just put a second wash on... first one is in the dryer.... and need a nap! I have been awake since 3 AM and decided to try to tat with the shuttle. I get the first  one right, then poof... it isn't working. I do not know why I want to learn this when I can needle tat. I think now it is so that I win in the situation!
After a really busy work week last week, (my first back after the "bug") I am happy to have had Sunday and today off.  Yesterday The Geek Squad really helped me work with my tablet. Of course I did make a list of questions but of course I forgot a few! The on-line owners manual is not helpful enough. I plan to work on my leaves on the Hardanger piece. I have neglected it trying to tat. And since I finally have a library book on the tablet, maybe I will relax and read for awhile today. Did I remember to tell you that now Mr H is sick... poor thing... now he will have me nagging taking care of him! Unlike me, he is very good about keeping up with the medication routine. Ever since his bad health year (2011) his resistance has change. Normally he is able to fight off bugs really quickly.  But.... so far he is still cooking for me. What a guy! I know...no sympathy... I do, but what can I do? He has spoiled me and it is tough to undo that now after almost 43 years. I guess his hearing listening  to me rattle around the cupboards and fridge "quietly" muttering " what shall I eat", "I wonder if there is something easy to prepare"  could be why he is still cooking. I did manage to go food shopping all by myself yesterday! I took my list and still had to call home and still forgot a few items. What can I say. Okay, I will let him rest today and I will make do. In the meantime, do have a wonderful day. Welcome to my new friends and thank you all for the kind words.
Hugs from me to you.....

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Hope Mr H gets better soon, that bug went through each of us hear too-one person at a time. Enjoy your tablet!

geeky Heather said...

Poor Mr H...you know Michael can sympathize and I can, too!! Hope things are all better soon.

That shuttle tatting is very tricky! I wonder if I'd remember how if I picked up a shuttle again!

Shirlee said...

Wish I lived near you Gracie. I used to teach shuttle tatting. It's really easy once you get the hang of it : ) I could've visited you at 3 a.m. as a matter of fact. I woke up at that same time this morning! I hope Mr. H feels better soon!

Patty C. said...

I wish i could shuttle tat but i haven't tried it. I will have to be happy playing with a needle for now- Best wishes for Mr H- i hope he feels better soon!
Hugs

Julie said...

Get well wishes for Mr H.

Enjoy your book.

Silverlotus said...

I hope Mr. H is feeling better soon.

And, tatting, ugh. I can't get the hang of it. I even signed up for the Craftsy class on shuttle tatting. I don't think it is for me at all. I suppose I should give it another try before I give up.

Parsley said...

Hope all get well and stay well. It's been a hard year for viruses.

Gwen said...

Keep trying. Once you get the shuttle tatting you will see how easy it is. You can do it.
One hint. Most books start you out making a ring. Try doing a chain with 2 different color threads. With the different color threads you can see your working thread and carrier thread better and see when you have made the flip correctly. Use a paper clip or pin at the start of the chain to give you something to hold on to.