Friday, March 15, 2013

I love gadgets...

Last week when my sis Lynowl sent me the package, she included this
a gadget for one of my favorite foods...radishes. It has no directions but the picture is clear enough of what to do. Did I mention it is sharp? Well it is... but never the mind... it does cut the radish into a "flower" of sorts. The writing on the box is in German and it is from West Germany.
Why sis bought this is not known...I did ask her. She bought it quite some time ago... the shop is no longer open and the price tag is still on it, $12.95. I love to et radishes in a salad, on a sandwich or just in hand. Anyway, it is now in my gadget bowl with several other things.
Last night my friend Sherry and I had a very nice dinner at Applebee's... we were there 2 hours! Good food and wonderful conversation. I have this Saturday off... not a usual schedule, but I even have next Saturday off.  No plans... but those are the best plans to take the day as it is. Mr H is feeling so much better. I think we will finish trimming the Ficus this weekend. The temps here yesterday were a record for the date--- 93 and today's temp maybe 94. I will be enjoying the weekend outside for sure. Already had the house air on and of course in the car. The flowers in the garden are blooming... I will show a few pictures tomorrow. I have been stitching but no pictures to post..... I smell the fresh brewed coffee is ready so off I go. Welcome to new friends and thank you all for the kind words. Enjoy your day.
hugs from me to you....

7 comments:

Shirlee said...

Neat gadget! But ugh ... temps in the 90s! Give me snow & I'm a happy gal : )

Woman Seeking Center said...

Oh my gosh, me too! (love of gadgets, lol) The more obtuse the gadget is, the better...

Wonderful to read of your long meal shared and enjoyed. The little treasures found in any day are the best ~ be they gadgets or girlfriends :-)

Hugs, Issy

Heather said...

I don't like radish....too hot for me, but my hubby loves them, and it looks like it would save time preparing them. Nothing better than sharing a meal and having conversations with friends.

butterfly said...

Please send some sun gracie, love your new gadget, you will have fun with it.
I can smell your coffee from here, hugs.

Julie said...

What a lovely gadget, have fun playing, but please take care, i would hate to see the elastoplast box out again!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I totally want a radish gadget now! No one eats them in my house but I still want one so I can make nice radish decorations!

raiman daivs said...

Well done great work..keep it up.
Netflix Overseas