Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First day

Happy Near Year!
My wish for you is for a healthy, happy, and peaceful new year. Not just for the country/world, but for each of. Sometimes it is hard to find  peace for ourselves. I do not make resolutions because, well, simply I would most likely not keep them. Oh wait... many years ago I did make one and I have kept it! It is always to find a bit of time each day for me. It does not have to be hours, but just so I do something for me.... take a few stitches in a project, read a few pages of a book or just sit and admire the birds at the feeder or the flowers in our garden. Life can get pretty complicated and sometimes down right unhappy. Try to find just that few minutes to think a nice thought and not just for someone else, but for yourself too. I will try to be more patient this year.... reminding myself that when mom (age 86) is telling me a story for the umpteenth time, just listen. When the customer is rude just smile. Tell myself that any of my aches and pains are far less than some of those around me.
I am off to work today... very unusual as I have not worked a New Year's day in years. Not sure if Jo Ann's will be busy. Whatever your plans are today, hope it is a good day for you.

3 comments:

Nicola said...

On this first day of 2013 I make a wish that, Happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late and leave the gift of God's Peace, Love, Joy & Good Health Behind!

May this year be the best of all. Happy New Year

butterfly said...

Happy New Year Gracie wishing you all a beautiful 2013.

Janet P said...

My sentiments exactly, dear Gracie. My very best wishes to you and yours for 2013. x