Friday, January 4, 2013

New label and scrambled eggs

Mr H did well with the hand surgery. We checked in at 7:30AM, he was prepped by 9 and then off to surgery at 10. By 11:30 he was discharged. The surgery actually took 15 minutes! This was our first time at this hospital. (The surgeries of 2011 were at another facility). As we checked in, 2 ladies (volunteers) at the desk kept looking up at me and then made notes finally asking how they would describe my sweater. It was decided to say it was patched and multicolored... not my thoughts! Then I was given a label to wear...Care Partner with our last name and the doctor's name. "Please keep this on while you are here" were my instructions. When we did get home, a very short ride, I got Mr H settled and then left for the pharmacy to fill the prescription. I was only gone about 1/2 hour or so. Mr H had made a piece of toast, and I found him in the garden checking the pond! So much for resting. At 3 AM today, I was already awake and out of the room, I heard a yell. He must have rolled on his hand and woke up. No, I did not go and check..... he was in the kitchen making himself a cup of tea and by 5 AM he made us scrambled eggs. He certainly is doing well. I did take these few days off from work thinking I would be needed. Today I plan to relax and stitch! I did make a small start to my BBD exchange at the hospital. I appreciate all the kind thoughts sent to us.... and although I made light of the situation, anytime someone goes to hospital for a procedure, it is important. As for my surviving, Mr H taught me to cook when we first married so I really can take care of us. Now, off to stitch! Welcome to my new friend... sorry I have no way to email you, but glad you are here. Enjoy the day and hope you all have time to stitch.

13 comments:

Angela said...

Glad to hear that all went well with Mr. H's surgery. May he have a speedy recovery :)

Melanie said...

So glad to hear Mr. H is doing well!!! Lots of good healing thoughts for him!! :)

Lee said...

You have both been in my thoughts, good news to hear all has gone well. enjoy your extra stitching time

Vickie said...

Well that is great news Gracie!! You two relax then. =)

Julie said...

Wonderful news all went well.

Cindy said...

So glad to hear all is well.

Fiore said...

I'm so glad Mr H's surgery went well so now you can relax stitiching and making everything you prefer.
Have a wonderful 2013!
Take care.
Fiore

Annette-California said...

Glad to hear Mr. H's drive through surgery went well:) Enjoy getting some stitch time in. love Annette

Brigitte said...

Good to know that everything went well with surgery and that your husband is well. Enjoy your free days.

butterfly said...

Great to know that Mr H surgery went well, have a good weekend.

Nicola said...

I am so pleased that Mr H's surgery went well.

SoCal Debbie said...

It sounds like he is recovering quickly and will be back to cooking for you in no time!

Teresa said...

I am trying hard to get caught up on bloggging in the new year. Glad to hear hubby is doing well. Good for you for not cooking, I am a bit jealous. Love the snowflakes for the kids, what a wonderful idea. Fabulous little Christmas gift your got. We have 3 Hyundai's and love them all, Accent, Elandra, and my Azera. Hope you love yours.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches