Wednesday, January 2, 2013

You can shake your head or laugh at me, but I am prepared!

When I was still living back in Rhode Island and Autumn and  the dreaded winter began, I always made sure I had the "right" food stuffs to get us through potential storms. You know... bread, milk, cereals and fruit. Well, we don't have blizzards or ice storms or hurricanes but we have illness or such. Remember I have told you that I do not cook... and yes, remember that I did say that I do know how. Mr H since retiring has been doing all the cooking. The dreaded year that he had all those surgeries... and then the recuperating time, it was almost starvation for me. Okay, not exactly but it was tough. Now on Thursday (tomorrow)  he will be having the right hand surgery that I mentioned a few posts back. Do I have to tell you... okay, it means --- he will not, I repeat, not be cooking! But I don't want you all to worry about me. I have prepared. We went out to eat on New Years Eve and we have some left overs. We tried a new Chinese restaurant last night... and yes we have left overs. So you see, I am prepared for Thursday and Friday evening meals. I am not sure what he is planning to cook tonight, but I can hope there will be something for me to have on Saturday night. A girl has to be prepared! I will be off work so that I can take care of my Mr H..... I will make him soup and pudding and bake him some bread. It will be a difficult for a time as he is right handed. If he rests enough I can even stitch... getting ready for my next BBD exchange and finishing a RAK to be sent out this weekend. I also made sure to get a few pieces of furniture re-arranged when we I put away the Christmas decorations. Always nice to have a new look after the holiday don't you think. Just a few moves and everything looks refreshed. Well, time to pull some threads for the BBD...but first, I want to welcome new friends to my place and wish you all a great day. Did I mention I have to get this BBD ready to take tomorrow while we  I wait for Mr H at the hospital? I will keep you posted on my survival...I mean how Mr H is doing!

12 comments:

Parsley said...

I hope all goes well. Perhaps it's time to stock up on cereals, fruit, and pasta for quick meals that anyone can make.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I hope all goes well for hubby, your comments about him cooking made me smile. I also smiled when I read your last post and you mentioned your elderly mum. My mum is 88 this month and like you say when you hear the same thing over and over again, even within a few minutes it can be hard but I do what you do and smile and nod or agree. Sometimes it's not easy though - this year I will try to be more patient and your comments make me even more determined.

Angela said...

Hope the surgery goes well :) He can cook left handed right??? You sound like you have prepared though and won't starve :)

Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Hope Mr. H's surgery goes well! Sounds like you have great plans to pamper him during his recovery!

Carolyn said...

Gracie,
Good luck on your husband's hand surgery. I hope the recovery goes quickly.

I think you will be fine it sounds like your prepared. I imagine if you had to you could get it done.

I don't like cooking. My husband does most of it. I can cook and will do it if I HAVE to.

Keep us posted.

Hugs!

Vickie said...

Prayers sent for Mr. H.♥

Cardygirl said...

Hope all goes well...good luck with the rations!

Cindy said...

Hope all goes well. There is always takeout or delivery.

Anthea said...

My fingers are crossed for mrH, you will not starve and he will recover well, I'm sure Gracie!

Brigitte said...

Hopefully everything went well with your husband's surgery.

Julie said...

I hope all went well for hubby and he is home being well looked after! Xx

SoCal Debbie said...

I hope you two survive this ordeal! I like Angela's suggestion that he cook left-handed. Sounds like it's time to try all the restaurants in town, at least every other day.