Friday, December 28, 2012

A special project...

Red Panda Beads is part of the Snowflake Project for the children of Sandy Hook Elementary School. The plan is that the "new" school will be decorated with snowflakes. I signed up with Red Panda and received my wire form and got to work.
This is my snowflake...What a privilege is is for me to help these children on their first day back to school. Can you imagine all the different snowflakes they will see. Other groups will be donating paper flakes and other crafted flakes. This goes in the mail tomorrow and the generosity of Red Panda Beads is making it possible. I had not used the wire forms before. They sell them in a variety of sizes and several to the package. I plan to order and make these to make for my home. I can see them hanging in  a sunny window glistening in the sunlight. Maybe a few for RAKs!
We are finally in our winter mode here in Arizona's Valley. The overnight temps have been around 40 and the day around 60's. Still, it is lovely. Flowers are still in bloom and my tomato plant has a few on the vine.  Mr H can't seem to locate the little fish in our pond, but I think because of the colder water it is hiding at the bottom or along the top under the rock edge. Since I have never seen it, I will take his word that it even exists! Getting ready to finish up my first RAK for our exchange group. I do not make New Year resolutions...but I have told myself this is the year to finish try to finish some of my WIPs. I seem to have a few!
So glad you took some time to stop by. Have a great day....

7 comments:

Vickie said...

That is just lovely Gracie. Good for you. What a wonderful thing for the dear, little children.

Carolyn said...

Gracie,
What a sweet thing to do for those children.

Your Snowflake is beautiful and will bring happy thoughts.

We are in Winter Mode and it is Brrrr in the mornings. We have been in the high 50's.

We don't make resolutions either. Happy New Year!



Jennifer M. said...

Very pretty snowflakes! I like your idea of making a few and hanging them on a window for the sun to shine on them. Very pretty. :)

Hope you have a wonderful New Years.

Jen :)

butterfly said...

Beautiful snow flake what a wonderful idea. hugs.

Nicola said...

What a wonderful ided and your snowflake is exquisite.


Happy New Year dear friend. I wish the New year brings you lots of happiness and joy. May God shower his abundant blessings upon you all year round.

SoCal Debbie said...

What a pretty snowflake! You're such a wonderful person to help!

rosey175 said...

This is such a kind idea. You have a marvelous way of creating things with beads! I think they'd be lovely as a collection in a window too -- so many sparkles! :D