Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Oh Santa baby!

It has been a few days since I had time to post. Saturday was so busy  at work and then at home with things to do and get at the grocery store. But here I am to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and look what Santa gave me...

A new Hyundai Elantra! Now when Mr H said he did not know what to put into my stocking!.... I said impossible. I am easy to please. We stated to look for another car, not necessarily a 2013, but our PT Cruiser has been asking for more $$ input. When your vehicle starts asking for money, time to send it driving elsewhere.  Mr H took me to the dealer on Sunday to see what this looked like...well the one he showed me was nice, but then he left me alone on the lot and this...this (Desert Sand is the color) drew me like a magnet. When the salesman came over without Mr H who was I do not know where, I told him I want this! Finally Mr H  came back and next thing I knew we were sitting at a desk and we were writing our names to papers. Oh no! the salesman popped out of the office and said "you know you won't be driving this"..... my license had expired and I did not know it! So Monday I was the passenger...but bright and early yesterday we were at the AZDMV to renew my ability to drive.  Notice I have not mentioned stitching... there has been none! We spend a very quiet day on the holidays, so probably today will be a good day to resume stitching. A few telephone calls to chat with family.... Mr H is roasting turkey and I am or should say will be baking Cherry pies and Chocolate Cream pies... I hope Santa was good to you, but more importantly, you are all being good to one another. Tomorrow I will show you what special project I just finished.
Merry Christmas my dear friends.

16 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Wow - Mr H certainly knows how to fill a stocking! It's beautiful. I wish you many hours of happy and safe driving. Merry Christmas, Gracie dear!

Carolyn said...

Gracie,
It is a beauty! Have fun!

Merry Christmas to you and Mr. H!

Jennifer M. said...

O Wow! Congrats on your new car. Love that color too. I almost bought an Elantra a few months ago, but opted for a Civic instead. Enjoy your new toy. Merry Christmas! :)

Jen

Sandra Kaye said...

Merry Christmas!!!! Love your new car..!!!!! Much love!! Sandie

Gabi said...

Merry Christmas
Beautiful car. Looking at the moment too into getting a Hyundai. Love those cars

Faye said...

Ho ho ho...... Nice gift!!!!!

valerie said...

Congratulations on the new car. Merry Christmas!

rosey175 said...

Congrats on the awesome stocking stuffer! So funny about your license being expired.

A Very Merry Christmas to you and Mr. H~ :D

Cindy said...

What a stocking stuffer. Hope the rest of your day was great. Cindy

DebbieSFL said...

I bought a 2012 Elantra at Thanksgiving and I absolutely love it!!! What a great Christmas present!! You will love it!!!

Vickie said...

Wow! Now that's a wonderful gift!! Enjoy.

Annette-California said...

Congratulations Gracie. WOW I think you will remember this Christmas for a long time:) Happy Holidays. love Annette

Kathy Ellen said...

Congratulations upon receiving such a very special Christmas Present! Your DH has excellent taste.

Blessings!

SoCal Debbie said...

Merry Christmas to Gracie! You must have been VERY good this year!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a gift indeed, it looks great. Many happy miles driving it.

Nicola said...

You must have been an exceptional good girl all year.