Friday, December 21, 2012

An early morning post~~~

Now you expect me to be awake early, but Mr H? No! Yet here he was at 4 AM in the living room watching a movie. Of course here it is 7 AM and off to bed he went. Me? you know I am up for the day. I am really looking forward to the new year. A new start here at the hacienda. Mr H has been doing well... oh, yes, he is having hand surgery soon, but at least it is not all the major surgery he had last year. We have hung a picture of his Baby Girl, Ms Zoe and I know he feels better about that. It is strange not to have her around.... looking for doggie treats and sharing shrimp. She is our second lost pooch in the last 7 years. We both are looking forward to a fresh year. On Wednesday (day off) as we entered the garage to start the car ( off to my doctor appt.) the car would not start. Mr Ziz to the rescue with a jump then off to Auto Zone for a battery! While there. Mr H bought the replace lifts for the trunk hatch which just stopped working the other day. I think this car is not long for my garage! It has served us well, but not interested in the next repair cost that has been quoted.
I really appreciate the nice comments for Digger the Rabbit. I will get some premium muslin today and then I can start on Grace the Angel... not sure if she will really be an angel, but she is going to be ready soon. I thought I would share one of the  other Dressmaker pincushions ....
These have been fun to make. I now have 4... maybe a gift of one to someone?  I am almost finished stitching a small project. I am thinking of tea dying it, a first for me to dye the project after it is stitched. I usually do this before stitching. This will be interesting....
Work was super busy yesterday. Lots of fleece and flannel being cut. Everyone wants to make the fleece tie blankets and the flannel seems to be going for pajama bottoms. Very last minute gifts if you ask me!
I guess I should put those last stitches of a motif on my project so I can tea dye it. Actually I best brew some tea first....
Welcome to a new friend.... and as always thank you all for the kind words and emails. Relax and have a good day.

10 comments:

Angela said...

Another lovely finish! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

cucki said...

So sweet...
Merry Christmas to you and your family xxx

Vickie said...

Hi Gracie. I hope that you can relax and have a good day!!
Yet another pretty project. =)

Carolyn said...

Gracie,
I love your Dressmaker pincushions. They are the coolest thing. You do such a lovely job creating each one.

I can't wait to see how the tea dying comes out after it has been stitched.

Enjoy your the rest of the day with a nice cup of tea.

Hugs!

Dani - tkdchick said...

The pincushion is lovely

butterfly said...

Love the dress makers pincushion.
Warm wishes for Christmas, hugs.

rosey175 said...

Each of your pincushions has been so awesome. It will be interesting to see how your small turns out with the tea-dying post-stitching!

Ellen said...

Wow, your dress maker pincushions are so lovely!

Merry Christmas to you n your family!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your pincushions are so pretty - I do enjoy seeing what you sew and the rabbit in your last post is no exception.

♥ Nia said...

Such a lovely piece :)
Merry Christmas!!!! :D